Freddie is an aspiring Tunnel Snake, and his associations with Butch and the Tunnel Snakes have caused his grades to drop and sends his parents into fits of worry. In truth, Freddie just enjoys the approval he gets from Butch and the other Tunnel Snakes when he misbehaves.[Non-canon 1][clarification needed]
In the early 2270s, Freddie is diagnosed with Vault depressive syndrome, or VDS, by the vault physician James. According to his medical file, Freddie suffers from lethargy, anxiety, and low self-esteem. Freddie copes with his insecurities and low self-esteem by acting out as a bully with his peers. James prescribes chlorpromazine for Freddie; however, James is worried that his patient might be permanently dependent on the medication.
On August 3, 2274, Mr. Gomez engages in small talk with Susie Mack. They talk about her family's malfunctioning heater and agree to meet at the cafeteria after the G.O.A.T. for lunch. Before the G.O.A.T., Freddie is nervous. After Edwin Brotch orders pencils down and everyone else has left, Freddie is struggling with two questions on the test. Question #5 has him hanging on a moral quandary - should he obey his grandmother and kill the other resident, or should he disobey his grandmother since killing is wrong? The other question, Question #10, baffles him as the answers are all the same and he is not sure if this is a trick question.
- Freddie is the only child of Herman and Pepper Gomez.
- Freddie is friendly towards the Lone Wanderer.
- Susie Mack had a crush on him when they were growing up according to the Fallout 3 Official Game Guide, however, in-game dialogue reveals that it is actually Butch DeLoria whom Susie is attracted to.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
|This character drops an ear upon death (Contract Killer).|
- Trouble on the Homefront: If one chooses to sabotage the vault in Trouble on the Homefront, Freddie and the other vault residents will flee into the wasteland. Later in a random encounter, one can see a giant radscorpion that killed Freddie.
- If the Lone Wanderer is a female, during her tenth birthday party, she has the option of asking Amata whether or not her present is a date with Freddie.
- In the mailbox near one of the ruined houses, just outside the entrance of Vault 101 is a letter addressed to the Gomez family inviting them to join Vault 101. This Gomez family might be the ancestors of Freddie Gomez.
- At the end of the G.O.A.T. exam, Freddie is the only person who has not submitted his exam to Mr. Brotch. If the Lone Wanderer is close enough, he will ask what is the answer to the last question, even though the only choice is "overseer."
- His face model and skin tone is different and much darker respectively at Trouble on the Homefront compared to his Future Imperfect model.
- "I'm thinking of going with "Overseer" for the last one. What did you put?"
- "I tell you, those guards are getting nastier every day. One of these days, it's gonna turn real ugly. But I'll be ready for it."
- "Gimme one more second! (Panicking at the G.O.A.T. finish)"
Freddie Gomez appears only in Fallout 3.