When not peddling drugs for his boss Marowski, Fred likes to experiment with them. He believes personal experience is key to being a successful chem dealer. Thus Allen documents the reaction to every chem he takes to improve his understanding of the high of each chem he sells. This helps him to better promote his goods and increase his profits.
Fred operates out of the basement of the Hotel Rexford, which the manager, Clair Hutchins, wisens up to because of the unpredictable nature of the peddler's experiments. On one case, Fred had to have Rufus Rubins repair his terminal after accidentally breaking it while high on psycho.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character starts quests.|
- Hazardous Material: The player character has the option to ask Fred for work. Fred will ask them to retrieve a HalluciGen gas canister from HalluciGen, Inc. for him. The Sole Survivor can persuade Fred to give more than the 200 caps he originally offered.
Padded blue jacket
|Bolt-action pipe pistol||.38 rounds
Fred Allen's password
Squirrel on a stick
- Curie, Codsworth, and Deacon will dislike the Sole Survivor accepting Fred's quest or bargaining for higher pay. MacCready loves it if one bargains for higher pay and take the quest.
- It is possible to make his quest unable to be completed by using all of the HalluciGen gas canisters to make HalluciGen gas grenades, as there is a finite amount of them. The gas canisters will not respawn upon returning to HalluciGen, Inc., leaving no way to complete the quest aside from console commands. Killing him fails the quest and will clear out the mission.
Fred Allen appears only in Fallout 4.
- ↑ Hotel Rexford terminal entries - "The secret to being a great chem dealer? Personal experience, man. That's why I'm going to try everything. But chemistry is like, science, you know? So we're gonna log every hit I take. The better I understand the high, the better I can sell that to the customers. I swear, sometimes I scare myself I'm so smart."
- ↑ Hotel Rexford terminal entries - "Had to get Rufus to rebuild this terminal. I was on the Psycho high and I was typing and I just... man it was like I couldn't NOT be angry. Just started PUNCHING the keys, man! PUNCHING THEM! PUNCHING AND PUNCHING AND... I think maybe I should lie down..."