|For an overview of all grenades, see Hand grenade.|
For an overview of other frag grenades, see Frag grenade.
The standard thrown explosive device used by militaries worldwide before the Great War, the frag grenade causes a lethal blast sending metal shrapnel flying in all directions up to 35 meters. Useful against groups of unarmored enemies, or for hitting enemies around corners by banking grenades off walls. To throw the frag grenade, simply press the Fire button, the longer it is held the farther the grenade will go. The arc at which the player is throwing it is also a major factor for determining the distance it will travel and land.
This weapon qualifies as an improved holdout weapon.
- Holy Frag Grenade - can only be found with the Wild Wasteland trait.
- Misfits' frag grenade - used by The Misfits in Flags of Our Foul-Ups.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Holy Frag Grenade||1||522.4||800||0.65||x1||0||24||33.4||0.0||1||20||0.5||500||1000||0||2|
- NCR Correctional Facility - Cell Block A contains a grenade box filled with a few.
- Camp Guardian - One can find a couple of them in two boxes while climbing the mountain.
- Hoover Dam intake tower 02 - Twelve in a locker.
- Neil's shack - Two can be found on a shelf inside.
- Canyon wreckage - Approaching the wreckage, there is an upturned trailer on the left, containing explosives crates with 7-11 grenades.
- Hidden Valley - A couple can be obtained from disarming the grenade bouquets in the south bunker.
- Can sometimes be bought from merchants, such as Vendortron at the Gun Runners.
- Often found on recruit legionaries.
- In V.A.T.S., if enemies are about to throw a grenade (of any kind) you can shoot it and it will explode, causing the enemy and anyone around it to be damaged by the explosion.
- Three grenades can be recovered from a grenade bouquet, like in Zion Canyon or Sierra Madre with an Explosives skill of 30 or more.