Before the Great War, the plant was operating on a deficit and was threatened with bankruptcy, partly due to mismanagement and partly because of the wastewater runoff from the nearby General Atomics factory. In more recent history, the plant has become the site of Marowski's secret drug lab, which provides Goodneighbor with a steady supply of chems.
Four Leaf Fishpacking Plant
The plant consists of a ground floor covered with conveyor belts and a series of catwalks extending all over. The east end has a stairway leading down under the main floor to a basement containing mostly piping, generators, and maintenance areas. To the west is a security door unlocked by a Novice-locked terminal that leads into a storeroom housing a Protectron pod.
Marowski's chem lab
Marowski's chem lab is on the top floor of the plant, but can only be accessed by either hacking the Master-locked terminal on the wall outside the hidden door found via the exterior catwalks on the roof, or by tripping the lasers outside as per Trish's note obtained in the quest Diamond City Blues (that is: the one beside the trailer truck beneath the plant's sign, then the one attached to the stairwell on the south side of the plant, then the one in front of the double door entrance, then the one attached to the trailer truck, and finally the one on top of the roof, down the catwalk on the west side of the building). These tripwires cannot be disarmed, and can be hard to see in the morning. They will remain off if triggered in the correct order; should an incorrect tripwire be triggered, all of them will come back online.
The drug lab itself is much simpler than the way to get in. The front two rooms contain a total of four chemistry stations. A third room to the east is covered in mattresses and serves as the chem workers' sleeping quarters. A door to the west accessible only from this side leads back into the fishpacking plant, to a broken catwalk.
- Chem lab worker (Marowski's chem lab)
- Tales of a Junktown Jerky Vendor issue #2 - On the bench across from the toilets in the basement southwest corner.
- Three fusion cores - One outside on the roof (in a generator), one in the same room as an Expert-locked safe to the left from the entrance on the ground floor (in a generator), and one on a shelf to the right of the Protectron pod to the right from the entrance on the ground floor. This final fusion core may respawn during settlement quests.
- Nuka-Cola Quantum - In a room on the upper catwalks in the northwest corner.
- Two Vault-Tec lunchboxes - One is in a room on the upper catwalks in the northwest corner near the Quantum, and the other is at the southern edge of the ground floor behind the construction vehicle.
- Four hazmat suits - Inside Marowski's chem lab, worn by the four chem lab workers.
- A significant amount of aluminum, in the form of trays (25) and aluminum cans, can be found on the factory floor.
- Cleansing the Commonwealth: Knight Rhys gives the Sole Survivor an assignment to clear the location of what he calls "abominations" to further the aims of the Brotherhood of Steel.
- Diamond City Blues: The player character meets a man named Paul Pembroke who asks them to get Henry Cooke to stop seeing his wife Darcy by any means necessary.
- Ghoul Problem: Settlers have asked the player character for help in taking care of some feral ghouls that have been terrorizing a nearby location.
- Leading by Example: Lancer Captain Kells requests the Sole Survivor's help in training a Brotherhood squire by allowing him to accompany them on a mission.
- Pest Control: Dr. Binet of the Institute's Robotics division asks the Sole Survivor to eliminate some feral ghouls that are causing problems for a synth scavenger team.
- Quartermastery: Scribe Haylen has identified the location of a piece of technology she wishes to retrieve and catalog. She asks the Sole Survivor for help in bringing back the technology in one piece.
- Randolph Safehouse: The Railroad agent Mister Tims will leave dead drops in the form of six holotapes for the Sole Survivor, containing information about possible hazards to the Railroad's escort and escape of synths out of the Commonwealth. They can assist in these efforts by clearing out the location of hostiles.
- Weathervane: Four Leaf fishpacking plant: Tinker Tom asks the Sole Survivor to place atmospheric sensors on high vantage points to detect any anomalies in the air.
A Protectron unit may be activated via a Novice-locked terminal to help clear out the ground floor.
The Four Leaf fishpacking plant only appears in Fallout 4.
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p. 511-512: "[18.01] FOUR LEAF FISHPACKING PLANT
This plant operated at a loss and was almost ready to shut down in October 2077. This was partly due to mismanagement, but the waste runoff from the nearby General Atomics Factory may have been a factor.
A local gangster’s secret laboratory helps chems flow through Goodneighbor like water. This secret lab is completely separate from the main plant interior. You can investigate the area during the specified quest (where you can obtain notes to shut off the laser tripwires and open the secret door), or you can try hacking the exterior terminal on the catwalk (Master) to get in."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)