Before the Great War, the plant was operating on a deficit and was threatened with bankruptcy, partly due to mismanagement and partly because of the wastewater runoff from the nearby General Atomics factory. In more recent history, the plant has become the site of Marowski's secret drug lab which keeps Goodneighbor with a steady supply of chems.
Four Leaf Fishpacking Plant
The plant consists of a ground floor covered with conveyor belts and a series of catwalks extending all over. The east end has a stairway leading down under the main floor that contains mostly piping, generators, and maintenance areas. To the east is a mag-locked door unlocked by a Novice-locked terminal that leads into a storeroom.
Marowski's chem lab
Marowski's chem lab is on the top floor of the plant, but can only be accessed by either hacking the Master-locked terminal on the wall outside the hidden door, or by tripping the lasers outside the as per Trish's note (that is: the one beside the trailer truck beneath the plant's sign, then the one attached to the stairwell on the south side of the plant, then the one in front of the double door entrance, then the one attached to the trailer truck, and finally the one on top of the roof, down the catwalk on the west side of the building.
The drug lab itself is much more simple than the way to get in. The front two offices contain a total of four chemistry stations. An office off to the east side is covered in mattresses and serves as the chem workers' sleeping quarters. A door on the west side leads back into the factory, to a broken catwalk.
- Chem lab worker (Marowski's chem lab)
- Tales of a Junktown Jerky Vendor issue #2 - On the bench across from the toilets in the basement southwest corner.
- Three fusion cores - One outside on the roof (in a generator), one in the same room as the safe is (in a generator), left from the entrance, and one in the same room as the Protectron, on a shelf to the right of the Protectron pod. This final fusion core may respawn during settlement quests.
- Nuka-Cola Quantum - In a room at the top floor in the northwest corner near the door to the chem lab.
- Two Vault-Tec lunchboxes - One is in a room at the top floor in the northwest corner near the Nuka-Cola Quantum, the other is at the southern edge behind the vehicle.
- Four hazmat suits - Inside Marowski's chem lab, accessible via a hidden exterior door unlocked by a master level terminal. The chem lab workers are wearing them.
- A significant amount of aluminum, in the form of trays (25) and aluminum cans, can be found on the factory floor.
- Weathervane: Four Leaf fishpacking plant: Tinker Tom asks the Sole Survivor to placed atmospheric sensors on high vantage points to detect any anomalies in the air.
- Randolph Safehouse: The Railroad agent Mister Tims will leave dead drops in the form of six holotapes for the Sole Survivor, containing information about possible hazards to the Railroad's escort and escape of synths out of the Commonwealth. They can assist in these efforts by clearing out the location of hostiles.
- Quartermastery: Scribe Haylen has identified the location of a piece of technology she wishes to retrieve and catalog. She asks the Sole Survivor for help in bringing back the technology in one piece.
- Cleansing the Commonwealth: Knight Rhys gives the Sole Survivor an assignment to clear the location of what he calls "abominations" to further the aims of the Brotherhood of Steel.
- Leading by Example: Lancer Captain Kells requests the Sole Survivor's help in training a Brotherhood squire by allowing him to accompany them on a mission.
- Ghoul Problem: Settlers have asked the player character for help in taking care of some feral ghouls that have been terrorizing a nearby location.
- Pest Control: Dr. Binet of the Institute's Robotics division asks the Sole Survivor to eliminate some feral ghouls that are causing problems for a synth scavenger team.
- Diamond City Blues: The player character meets a man named Paul Pembroke who asks them to get Henry Cooke to stop seeing his wife Darcy by any means necessary.
- A Protectron unit may be activated via a novice console to help clear out the ground floor.
- Outside the plant, there are five tripwire traps (four on the ground and one on the roof), that when triggered in a specific order given by Trish in the quest Diamond City Blues, unlocks Marowski's chem lab. These tripwires cannot be disarmed and can be hard to see in the morning.
- The tripwires will remain off if triggered in the right order. Should a wrong tripwire be triggered, all of them will come back online.
- Alternatively, there is a small gap at the end of the fence by the pier, through which can be accessed, jumping from the pier to the yard. Doing this allows bypassing all but the last tripwire.
- There is also a terminal that can be hacked to unlock Marowski's chem lab. It is located on stairs near Four Leaf fishpacking plant's nameplate on the roof. The password can be obtained from Trish, or it can be hacked at Master difficulty.
The Four Leaf fishpacking plant appears only in Fallout 4.
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p. 511-512: "[18.01] FOUR LEAF FISHPACKING PLANT
This plant operated at a loss and was almost ready to shut down in October 2077. This was partly due to mismanagement, but the waste runoff from the nearby General Atomics Factory may have been a factor.
A local gangster’s secret laboratory helps chems flow through Goodneighbor like water. This secret lab is completely separate from the main plant interior. You can investigate the area during the specified quest (where you can obtain notes to shut off the laser tripwires and open the secret door), or you can try hacking the exterior terminal on the catwalk (Master) to get in."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)