With a possible announcement for Fallout 4 fast approaching it is very clear that we are going to need all hands on deck rather soon, however it is also important that we
A) have hands that are actually active
B) know how many hands we actually have.
Issue is that while we have a lot of admins and moderators/chat moderators (hence forth to be refereed to as moderators collectively) many of them are, for whatever reason, not exactly active. In this case activity has been defined as either
A) editing more than a couple of times a month, over the course of a few months
B) appearing in chat more than a couple of times a month, over the course of a few months
Inactivity isn't a matter of not making edits to articles, but a general lack of being here. While I generally have no real issue with this the approach of a possible Fallout 4 has made me think that something kind of needs to be done and personally I feel that a mass vote of no confidence and removal of rights may be the best way.
A Follower is an admin, but hasn't edited since November 2014. He has long since been marked as "inactive" on our admins and mods page. It is for this reason that I believe we need to re think his adminship. JASPER//"Do you like hurting other people?" 21:41, May 1, 2015 (UTC)
A Follower's defense
I fully intend to return to activity once it behooves me to do so - likely when an official announcement on Fallout 4 is finally made. I will not provide a defense or list of excuses beyond that - if the community believes my rights should be removed I will not challenge it, and it will not change my plans for activity regarding Nukapedia; I will return again regardless of holding admin rights. Hope everyone is doing well, and I look forward to returning to active contribution in the (hopefully) near future. 03:53, April 29, 2015 (UTC)
- Admin. Already listed as "inactive" and has not edited since November 2014. Has made over 100 edits since April 2014.
- Never seen in chat anymore. #JASPER//"Do you like hurting other people?" 02:13, May 4, 2015 (UTC)
- In response to Chad's comment, I never meant to insinuate that there is nothing to do here in the lull period between releases, only that both my interest and ability to contribute have declined due to the lack of new content. Due to the limited amount of free time I currently possess, I feel my focus is better directed towards other things. I regret that this place has slipped down the rung of my priorities, but such is the situation I'm currently in. There are only so many hours in the day.
- I completely understand the desire to do away with the old - consistency often breeds complacency. Change is necessary for the evolution of a community. I also want to reiterate my intention to return, regardless of the outcome of this vote. Thanks to everyone for their time. 07:51, May 6, 2015 (UTC)
The vote is on these users keeping their rights, so a "yes" is in support of them keeping their rights and a "no" is in support of their removal
- Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 11:47, May 4, 2015 (UTC) we have the "inactive" tag and section for a reason. I hope to see you back in action as soon as Fo4 comes out, we'll be able to use all hands on deck. -
- Agent c (talk) 02:27, May 4, 2015 (UTC) I'm sorry Follower, you've been a great contributor, but I don't want to support the myth there is nothing to do around here until F4. If you do return on the launch of F4, you're free to reapply then.
- Skire (talk) 03:03, May 4, 2015 (UTC) Per Agent c. --
- 03:13, May 4, 2015 (UTC)
- Don't give up the ship! 22:48, May 4, 2015 (UTC)
- 04:27, May 6, 2015 (UTC)