| ||This forum page has been archived. Please do not make any further edits unless they are for maintenance purposes.|
All right mates, I am bringing up another "problem" I have come by here on Nukapedia. While not really a problem I believe this may look a bit more cleaner.
Test Cells that have pages here on Nukapedia (such as Endgame) have a Notification just like this on them....
|The following is based on Fallout: New Vegas cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
|The following is based on Fallout 3 cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
This right here is a false statement as these areas or characters were never intended to be in the game. They were used for testing purposes of the game and that alone.
I propose a new notification/template for these pages.... It will state the following....
"The following is based on Fallout: New Vegas test content and should not be considered canon."
I mean, come on let's face it, these test cells were not ever meant to be in game, they will never be "confirmed by canon sources", and they should be labeled as what they are.
I want to hear SYSop and all users alike on this discussion and hopefully get it into a community vote.
Just to give a heads up on how many of these pages exist...Here are a few.... ALL OF THESE NOW HAVE THE NEW TEMPLATE!
- Mentats Test Level (dance)
- Mentats Test Level
- Test gun
- Test Man
- Barracks02Int Template
- Usonianhome02Int Template
- Usonianhome01Int Template
- Ruined store (cut content)
- Sample bathrooms of all sizes
- Hoover Dam battle spawner
- Test cell for traps
- Test cell for char progression
- Dummy Cell for Scripted XMarkers
- Cell for Dead "Void Creatures"
- Hoover Dam global dummy cell
- Dummy Cell VES VEFR Encounters
And a lot lot lot more!
While the cut content template does imply that the data was supposed to be in the game, and was, at some point, removed, the message it imparts is the same message needed for test content. "It ain't in the game, so it ain't official". That being said, I have no fundamental problems with using a test content template. It's really not too hard to make or implement, so it's no biggie to me, and being a little more specific never hurts, I guess. 14:57, December 27, 2013 (UTC)
|The following is based on developer test content cut from Fallout 4 and is not considered canon.|
- That took you 10 minutes to make. Too much work. :P Anyways, yeah - I see no problem with being as specific as possible in these cases. And it certainly won't take long to update our very limited test cell articles. Some Assembly Required! 15:28, December 27, 2013 (UTC)