Tis the season for rights requests, I guess. Firstly, I wanted to acknowledge that there is currently another active rights request by The Dyre Wolf for Discussion Moderator. If you haven't yet been over there to cast your vote, please do so first! Then preferably come back here....
Hullo, I’m L84tea and I’m applying to be a Content Moderator.
Those of you who hang out in the Recent Wiki Activity timeline or in the Discord editorial bullpen may be familiar with me but if not, I’ve included some info about myself below and why you should agree to give me
supreme power over all articles some content mod rights. :)
Stuff I've doneEdit
I joined Nukapedia on 1 December 2018, spurred to editing by the lack of content on the Fallout 76 pages. I have been editing regularly ever since then and was made a patroller in mid-January.
My main contributions to the wiki so far have been image related - you’ll see my name on a lot of the Fallout 76 location and item images uploaded. However, I most enjoy the part of editing which involves writing. Pulling chunks of lore together or structuring a layout in a way that flows well for readers is my jam.
You can read some of my work here:
I also know how to trawl through game files for stats but I confess that I prefer that part of editing a little less.
Show me the numbersEdit
Numbers aren't everything but they can be important.
|Type of edits||Edit count|
|Fallout Wiki talk||3|
|User blog comment||23|
Note: There is currently an ongoing forum about amending requirements for all the staff positions, my current edit count means that I would still qualify even if the most rigorous edit requirement is adopted for the revised content mod position. Also, go look at that if you haven't yet.
Why a promotion?Edit
Mostly, I think the additional rights would really help me with keeping the wiki as tidy as possible and also take some burden off the admins and other content mods who don't play 76. This is especially when tidying up after anons who have enthusiastically uploaded images but left them with names that look a little like ‘001239803254-123891203-abc-.png’. Given wiki image policies, my current options are to delete the image from the article and leave them a talk page message about why I’ve had to delete their image, or to ask in Discord for someone with the appropriate perms to rename them for me. The former usually leads to a disgruntled user or the loss of the image entirely because they never come back and the latter means I have to wait for someone to do work for me; work which I could have done on my own if I had the appropriate rights. Also I live in Australia, meaning that
everything is upside down there sometimes isn’t a content mod or admin online to bug when I’m active.
Basically having to delete images from the wiki makes me sad especially when they’re perfectly good ones.
Although it's unaffected by a promotion, I also like to think I'm pretty approachable and I'm always willing to help out any uncertain editors in Discord or via talkpage.
Please vote, even if you think I suckEdit
Hopefully that's given you a good idea of who I am and my reasons behind requesting additional rights. I'd be grateful if you would take a moment to vote below, even if just to tell me I'm delusional. Also happy to answer any questions you may have.
- ↑ Terms and conditions apply.
- Sigmund Fraud Talk Contributions 01:34, April 15, 2019 (UTC) Sure -
- President Autumn 01:39, April 15, 2019 (UTC) absolutely. edit count is impressive, one of the most active editors, definitely has the know-how, and i’d say the biggest 76 editor which is a great thing.
- -bleep196- (talk) 01:45, April 15, 2019 (UTC) Absolutely. Strong editing presence, high quality effort. --
- Chris 01:47, April 15, 2019 (UTC) monkey -
- Great Mara (talk) 01:51, April 15, 2019 (UTC) pants.
- Jon the Don -JBour53 (Talk to my consigliere) 01:56, April 15, 2019 (UTC) random word
- |\| () |\/| /\ |) | Talk | Discord | NMC 02:01, April 15, 2019 (UTC) three-fiddy
- AllYourFavorites! (talk) 02:18, April 15, 2019 (UTC) You've been impressively dedicated to editing and 76 coverage, it almost seems wrong that you don't have these rights already.
- FDekker talk 08:56, April 15, 2019 (UTC) Absolutely! Your editing and communication skills are something to be proud of! -
- The Dyre Wolf (talk) 01:33, April 16, 2019 (UTC) Edits like a champ. Plus if discord is any indication of your activity, when you are not editing, you are still taking the time to talk about editing.
- Aya42 (talk) 01:09, April 19, 2019 (UTC)
- I'm not around here often, but when I am, I can see the user is doing quite well with editing. You got my support on this. 23:11, April 21, 2019 (UTC)
No need to be nice to me, but be nice to one another. Happy to field any questions or take any feedback.
Thanks all for the support! I will try not to break anything while I'm here. ^_^; L84tea Would you like a cup of tea? 12:40, April 22, 2019 (UTC)
Congratulations, you've passed the request! Next step admin. Jspoel 12:20, April 22, 2019 (UTC)