| ||This forum page has been archived. Please do not make any further edits unless they are for maintenance purposes.|
I had in mind to change this wiki in more Christmas style. There are some notifications:
Background, in my opinion, could be Mt. Charleston. However, if you have any other ideas, please put them beneath.
For blogs, Polls, Hole and SNM should have a new Christmas update. If you have any wish, please put them beneath.
Any comments, suggestions (or critics) put below please.
I think it should be done sooner than later and replaced by a New years theme with in a day or so after X-Mass.
- Thoughts for next year ~ Have the theme ready by DEC 1 and taken down by Dec 26th with a New years theme ready to replace it until Jan 3.
- Then give the holiday themes a rest until maybe St. Drunkard's GREEN BEER day & the following Halloween.
If we change the theme for EVERY holiday then there will be no time to celebrate Nukapedia as a community in it's own rights. I am all for special occasion theme changes but I also favor site identity. Still I know I'm just 1 guy.
..The above is just my 2 cents.. Have fun with it.
SaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here." 21:56, December 9, 2012 (UTC)
- I'm all for putting up a few pinecones, fake snow and a mistletoe or two to celebrate Christmas and the New Year. Can't help with the decoration (can't barely work out mspaint, let alone photoshop and whatnot) but I'm supporting those that do. CharlesLeCheck 00:03, December 5, 2012 (UTC)
- I would be happy to make a nice background image to showcase for a short time. Just let me know what image to use and I'll hack something up, now that I know how to do it. 01:06, December 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Or perhaps we can just add some bells and Christmas decorations to the current background. Just a thought... Jspoel 15:30, December 5, 2012 (UTC)
This is certainly a rough theme choice for a Fallout wiki. xD The only thing I can see us properly using is a modded screenshot or fan-art, because there simply isn't anything in any of the base Fallout titles that we can use for Christmas. Even Mt. Charleston wouldn't be a good choice, in my opinion. Snow isn't really enough to scream "Christmas" at you. Some Assembly Required! 15:38, December 5, 2012 (UTC)
Some nice background image would be a cool change, I think. Maybe create a more "arctic" colour scheme if you wanted to go farther than that. Another thing individual users can do is put up some seasonal Christmas/Holiday music! --Skire (talk) 00:57, December 7, 2012 (UTC)
I was also planning for about making an overview of important decisions since last year. If anyone wants to help, be my guest. Energy X 21:53, December 9, 2012 (UTC)
- I was thinking about a New Years Day news Retrospective as well. Agent c (talk) 22:03, December 9, 2012 (UTC)
I would like to help celebrate a few important decisions but I don't agree with every ruling ~ Wording has been a concern. No doubt great efforts have been made to keep us active... Yet As I pause to really think about it all I conclude that I would focus on commemorating the moments that united us.
- The Polls and pit gave all fair domain to bare our teeth in debate or jump like idiots in a marathon of up high chest bumps.
- The background image campaign has proven difficult but I salute the effort non the less. It is a goal for next year...
- We have lost so many good members I find it hard to hope. Still we have enjoyed many others rising from the obscurity of anon to member status.
- I can't sum up the past year in specific events. There has been booth joy and regret, victory and loss...
- I propose just a simple message. "We have been here a long time & we know we are a work in the Fallout progress."
SaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here." 05:05, December 17, 2012 (UTC)