| ||This forum page has been archived. Please do not make any further edits unless they are for maintenance purposes.|
Howdy folks, how's tricks? I'm Richie9999 and I'm asking for your support in running for the privilege of chat mod.
Who am I and why me?
Well let's see. I've been around for a while. I first started editing here with an account back in November of 2010 but I was an anon since the days of Fallout 3. As time went by after my first official edit my activity here waned until the day when I first saw the chat function. Since then I've been editing regularly as I chat, keeping one window open to the recent changes and another to chat conversing with the community. When the call came out for the creation of permanent chat moderators came out I applied with results that were less than favorable to say the least. At the time I lacked the maturity that was needed and saying that "I can be responsible" naturally, was not enough. I continued to remain present in chat for a time up until the spring of 2012 when life caught up with me. However now that I'm back, I'm here to stay.
Since my return in January, I've been made a patroller as well as increased my edit count 200% since as well as increasing my activity both in chat as well as on the editing side. Additionally I've been made temporary chat moderator five times additionally, 14 temporary chat mods have been appointed . And while I've admittedly never had to ban anyone during these times, I believe my presence there as a temporary moderator served as a form of pro-active moderating. Additionally, during these late times the number of chat moderators, moderators and admins has a steep drop off in presence. It is my belief that another chat mod is needed for late night presence in chat, and I believe I'm perfect for that. I'm available up until 2 AM EST 6 nights a week minimum, with being up until 4 AM EST most nights also a common occurrence.
|Type of edits||Edit count|
|Fallout Wiki talk||2|
|User blog comment||331|
I've created the following pages (Drunk and the Jefferson Memorial terminal entries being made since my return):
I have also:
- Gone through the Van Buren character pages checking for images for the characters' pages in the design documents while removing the image needed tag where no image existed and adding them when needed, during which I found two articles for the same character, two characters with images in the design documents but not on their page (which was soon added) as well as a page for a character that didn't actually exist in the design documents.
- Revamped the FNV character page.
- Aided Gunny in his infobox value project.
- Working with Gunny on updating Formspring links to webarchive versions.
Additionally, chat wise, I've been active in chat every day since my return forming bonds with the various people that frequent chat and becoming a veritable staple of the chat community.
Agent c here, with my first endorsement, which I'm pleased to be able to offer to Richie. He is one of our most effective patrollers, there are few days when I do not get tired of him giving me vandal IP addresses to block - every single one of them legitimate. Admittedly I have only seen the best of him, but he at this point clearly shows the right attitude, maturity and availabilty to be our next full moderator. Agent c (talk) 20:57, April 26, 2013 (UTC)
- Agent c (talk) 20:58, April 26, 2013 (UTC) See Endorsement
- 21:00, April 26, 2013 (UTC) You would be an awesome chat moderator. Make a better chat!
- Ghoullover666 (talk) 21:02, April 26, 2013 (UTC) I know you would work to make the Wasteland a better place. Hell, you defend the wikia against vandals. Now you'll be defending chat! --
- THE-HECK-OF-A-GUY (talk) Like I said, why not? Radio Nukapedia supports good chat mods.
- Fakaiyun (talk)I'm really new at wiki editing and Richie9999 has been extremely helpful and courteous every time.
- Sweet Jones (talk) 21:27, April 26, 2013 (UTC) Richie has been around for a long time and has made positive contributions to the wiki and it's community, so it's a yes for me.
- Skire (talk) 21:34, April 26, 2013 (UTC) Since your return I have no seen zero negatives. Highly endorsed. --
- "Semper Invictus" 21:40, April 26, 2013 (UTC) If there were no's, I'd make a huge monologue about how awesome you are for this job, you and I usually taking temporary mod positions as a sort of contest between us nowadays, but it looks like you'll ultimately win. Good luck with the new job, Richie, you'll do great.
- BILLYOCEAN Wanna talk? 23:09, April 26, 2013 (UTC) Richie is very dedicated and trustworthy. English please and no spamming/racist comments.
- 23:11, April 26, 2013 (UTC) Good man for the job.
- Inferuz 19:13, April 27, 2013 (gmt -4) I dont give a fuck really but if that makes u happy take my yes. Why u edit my edit? is my opinion right?
- "Anything, for the family" 23:17, April 26, 2013 (UTC) You've definitely learned from your past bans, and have made yourself re-renowned here.
- TwoBearsHigh-Fiving 23:39, April 26, 2013 (UTC) Absolutely, he has a level headed attitude that will keep him rational in his thinking. There isn't a better candidate right now in my opinion.--
- Hawk da Barber 2012 - BSHU Graduate 00:59, April 27, 2013 (UTC) Hell motherfucking yes. I've seen Richie grow over time and he is now one of the best of the best.
- -bleep196- (talk) 02:02, April 27, 2013 (UTC) Richie is more than deserving of this position, he is always in chat and is always inquiring into everyone's well being. He's proven several times he can handle the extra rights, not only that but he is a proven editor. If Richie doesn't deserve chat moderator, then no one here does. --
- ōrdō āb chao 07:39, April 27, 2013 (UTC) Without a doubt.
- The Nuclear King (talk) 03:35, April 28, 2013 (UTC) You have definitely proved you can be a chat moderator; maybe even a moderator, but we'll see. --
- Chris 04:52, April 28, 2013 (UTC) Don't leave again. -
- Archmage NekoNeko's Haunt 16:56, April 28, 2013 (UTC) I can't find anything to vote against, proposed hours fits in with the identified low moderation hours and Richie is as dedicated in edits as in chat.
- The Old World Relics (talk/blog/contributions) 19:00, April 28, 2013 (UTC) I fully support Richie's application for Chat Moderator as he is dedicated and willing to do the job. --
- Higgey the Scotsman (talk page) 19:18, April 28, 2013 (UTC) Not many people come to mind who would be a better chat mod than you, Richamundo. I know a couple of people had been urging me to apply for the position, but I don't have the time for it as I've got finals coming up soon. You'll do a fine job, pal.
- Josef (talk) 22:28, April 28, 2013 (UTC) You're always on when chat's always deserted or a little slow and the perfect time for a troll/spammer to strike. You've also shown that you take this wiki and it's affiliation seriously w/ your edits and manner. Those are reasons enough for me. --
- Bring Down the Sky (talk) 22:37, April 28, 2013 (UTC) You're, like, going to do well.
- . Fussenpepper (talk) 17:37, April 29, 2013 (UTC) this guy tbh is pretty awesome, and he should def be a cmod. i aint a good 'splainer though, but vote richie 2013 --
- A Safe People is a Strong People! 19:07, April 29, 2013 (UTC) Edit counts don't matter in the slightest whether or not you'd make a good Chat Moderator. But i know you are a hard worker who respects this site, and you certainly haven't been a troublemaker. Just stay around more often this time.--
- JASPER//"Do you like hurting other people?" 19:11, April 29, 2013 (UTC) Undeniably, irrefutably yes.
- Some Assembly Required! 19:14, April 29, 2013 (UTC) Like I even need to justify my yes vote for you. I am greatly looking forward to seeing you gain the extra tools needed to both serve this community, and to better this wiki. You have my full faith.
- Energy X 19:15, April 29, 2013 (UTC) Aye, Richie would make a good mod. Add that with watching the Wiki Activity and he is a great editor.
- ~ Toci ~ Go ahead, make my day. 00:04, April 30, 2013 (UTC) Boy have I been waiting for this.
- Charcoal121 (talk) 00:15, April 30, 2013 (UTC) About time you've applied for this position. You definitely have earned it!
- Might I Say You're Looking Fit As a Fiddle! 00:25, April 30, 2013 (UTC) Chalk up another yes for Richmeister.
- Wasson...Kuasson! (talk) 15:16, April 30, 2013 (UTC) We have enough chat moderators as it is so what's the need for another? Richie unfortunately lacks some composure which doesn't make him a very good moderator. He's good to argue with and a good person though. When he will improve it will be a better time. --
- What are you talking about Wasson, Richie has excellent composure.--Josef (talk) 02:57, May 1, 2013 (UTC)
In response to Wasson's comment. We've run reports on when Chatmods are and aren't avaialble. We do not have enough chatmods at certain times, and Richie's usage pattern fits what is perhaps the biggest hole in the schedule (in terms of how many chatters are usually on). Agent c (talk) 15:22, April 30, 2013 (UTC)
Wasson, I find myself to be well composed and I feel the numerous times when I've been appointed temporary chat moderator show this, however that is just my perception of myself. Beyond that the times during which I plan on being in chat, specifically late night and into the wee hours of the morning lack chat moderators or admins beyond FOW Chatbot which isn't always there anyhow as it occasionally lags out. While you could argue that there isn't a need for them at that time I would like to point out that first of all the amount of people in chat at various times varies greatly. Additionally there was an incident with a user the day before I submitted my chat moderator request where there was a user who was violating various rules such as spamming however there were no moderators or admins available at the time. With my presence I hope to prevent these issues and deal with them as they arise. Richie9999 (talk) 15:32, April 30, 2013 (UTC)
Richie is literately oozing composure, Wasson is just sore that he cannon't troll chat for the next 2 weeks so wants to sabotage it but going against the best person to run for mod since myself. Do not believe his lies, Richie would make a great mod. JASPER//"Do you like hurting other people?" 03:10, May 1, 2013 (UTC)
- I would advise against any personal attacks of that nature. This is a formal application and everything is to be taken seriously. --Skire (talk) 19:44, May 1, 2013 (UTC)
- Probably something that should be looked into. ōrdō āb chao 07:24, May 3, 2013 (UTC)
There's overwhelming support to your request, Richie. Which means I'll now be promoting you to mod. (And keep up the editing part. I like seeing that.) Congratulations! Jspoel 21:02, May 3, 2013 (UTC)