“I've accepted the mission labeled "The Blade of Bastet." I should listen to the mission briefing for details.”
- Listen to the holotape Order of Mysteries - The Blade of Bastet.
- Use Cryptos to access the entry "Novice | Historic Swords."
- Use the fabricator to obtain a swing analyzer.
- Obtain Grant's saber from the presidential cottage and museum at the Whitespring Resort.
- Use any workbench to add the swing analyzer to the saber.
- Kill six different creatures with the modded saber.
- Fabricate the Blade of Bastet at Riverside Manor.
- Listen to the holotape "Order of Mysteries - the Blade of Bastet."
- Log in to Cryptos to access the entry "Novice | Historic Swords" under "Database Queries."
- Use the fabricator to obtain the swing analyzer by accessing the entry "Novice | Swing Analyzer."
- Go to the Whitespring Resort's presidential cottage and museum and obtain staff access password holotape. There are two holotapes available. One can be looted off the Protectron next to the grand piano in the room to the right of the stairwell (opposite the room with the terminal) or the other on the second floor and to the right in a bathroom next to the skeleton in the shower.
- Use the presidential cottage & museum terminal on the first floor, and access the entry "Display Case Access" within "STAFF ACCESS" to open the display case.
- Get Grant's saber from the display case.
- Use any weapons workbench to mod the saber with the swing analyzer.
- Kill six different creatures with the modded saber. Types of creatures include rodent, bug, canine, scorched, small animal, ghoul, etc.
- Note: Not all creatures are counted towards the goal. Creatures killed using power attacks do contribute towards the goal. The following lists contain the animals, creatures, and robots known to count and not count towards this objective.
- Due to the delay between objective completion and quest updating, it is possible to kill an enemy with a different weapon, switch to Grant's saber, and have the kill count toward quest progress.
- Once the final enemy type has been killed, return to Riverside Manor and use the fabricator terminal to fabricate the Blade of Bastet.
- Attack dog
- Bee swarm
- Cave cricket
- Feral ghoul
- Grafton monster
- Honey beast
- Mega sloth
- Mole miner
- Mole rat
- Mr. Gutsy
- Mr. Handy
- Mutant hound
- Rad ant
- Sentry bot
- Super mutant
- Yao guai
For the quest stage in which the player character must kill six different creatures, they may only kill one robot. After that, no other types of robots will count as distinct creatures.