Although the Followers of the Apocalypse are a humanitarian organization, that doesn't mean that they lack a way to defend themselves, understanding the fact that the wasteland is a place where conflict is inevitable. They maintain a security force that provides much-needed defensive firepower to the group. Maintained through volunteers, the guards are equipped with powerful weapons, but lack proper armor. Regardless, they are responsible for the overall safety of the Followers' members and outposts, such as the Old Mormon Fort.
They receive room, board and payment for protecting their clients, namely patients and doctors from common wasteland hazards. As long as anyone doesn't cause trouble with the Followers, harms a member or anyone else, visitors have nothing to fear from security.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character has no special interactions.|
|Merc charmer outfit
- At the Follower's outpost, one of the followers guards is a ghoul, though he does not have the distinct gravely voice common among almost all other intelligent ghouls, instead having a human-sounding voice.
- Followers guards at the New Vegas medical clinic are referred to as clinic guards. They are better equipped than the guards at Old Mormon Fort and the Follower's outpost.
- "I know where to hit you where it hurts the most!"
- "Wish the Followers would give me better armor."
- "Keep an eye out for trouble"
- "I'm just security, not a doctor."
PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Followers guards may appear with facial skin tones that are abruptly different from that of the rest of their body. [verified]