Flux is harvested from mutated flora that briefly emerge in a blast zone. Before the Great War, flux was researched and subsequently named by the Enclave in Appalachia, who discovered that missile detonations fundamentally change the nature of a plant's tissue.
Before it can be used in crafting, the raw flux must be stabilized at a chemistry station by combining it with a glowing mass, hardened mass and high-radiation fluids which can be found on the bodies of creatures in the blast zone.
There are five types of flux, each of which emerges from a different kind of plant and requires stabilizing with chemical components for long-term storage and use. Raw flux will deteriorate over time in the player character's inventory, eventually turning into inert flux. Once flux becomes inert, it cannot be stabilized or using in crafting but remains a consumable item.
- Raw cobalt flux (stabilized)
- Raw crimson flux (stabilized)
- Raw fluorescent flux (stabilized)
- Raw violet flux (stabilized)
- Raw yellowcake flux (stabilized)
|Region||Raw crimson flux||Raw cobalt flux||Raw fluorescent flux||Raw violet flux||Raw yellowcake flux|
- Nuked flora will not be produced from crops planted at a C.A.M.P. within the blast zone. Such crops will be destroyed by the nuclear blast.
- Stable flux may be rewarded for completing Scorched Earth.
- Patch 22.214.171.124 adjusted the weight and sell values of flux:
- Stable flux: base value increased from 30 to 100 caps
- Raw flux: base value decreased from 50 to 10 caps
- Inert flux: weight reduced to 0.2 lbs and base value decreased to 0 caps