Flux flora is a type of mutated flora that briefly emerges in the wake of a nuclear missile detonation. The radiation and extreme conditions can fundamentally change the nature of the affected plant's tissue, showing exceptional versatility in manufacturing, as a fuel and component for advanced weapon and armor systems. There are five types of flux, each of which emerges from a different kind of plant and requires stabilizing with chemical components for long-term storage and use. Inert flux is useless, except as an irradiated, but highly hydrating consumable item.
Before the Great War, the military believed that the intense radiation would only produce hideous monstrosities only fit for extermination. The appearance of the flux, collected and researched by the Enclave in Appalachia, was a major surprise, along with their exceptional versatility and volatility. However, the relatively brief lifespan of the flux rendered them a historical curiosity, rather than a permanent element of wasteland survival.
Raw flux is harvested from flora which have mutated as a result of being in a nuclear blast zone. In its raw form, this flux is consumable and provides water for the player character. Before it can be used in crafting, the raw flux must be stabilized at a chemistry station by combining it with a glowing mass, hardened mass and high-radiation fluids which can be found on the bodies of creatures in the blast zone.
There are five color varieties of flux which can be collected from different plants:
- Raw cobalt flux (stabilized)
- Raw crimson flux (stabilized)
- Raw fluorescent flux (stabilized)
- Raw violet flux (stabilized)
- Raw yellowcake flux (stabilized)
Raw flux will deteriorate over time, eventually turning into inert flux. Once the flux becomes inert, it can no longer be stabilized.
- Raw flux is harvested from irradiated vegetation and flora within a nuclear blast zone.
- Stable flux may be rewarded for completing Scorched Earth. It may also be crafted at any chemistry station by stabilizing raw flux with the appropriate ingredients.
- Inert flux is obtained after raw flux decays in the player character's inventory.
- Nuked flora will not be produced from crops planted at a C.A.M.P. within the blast zone. Such crops will simply be destroyed by the nuclear blast.
- ↑ The Whitespring bunker terminal entries#Meeting Transcript - Entry 1.5.2 (Partial)
- ↑ Flux in Fallout 76.
- ↑ Automated training 4: "
MODUS: " "
MODUS: " / / "
MODUS: " However, if you can stabilize them fast enough, a jaunt into a blast zone, it seems, could be a productive one. / / "
MODUS: " / " "