The trainyard on the edge of the Cranberry Bog was severely affected by earthquakes and erosion before the Great War. Owned by New Appalachian Railroad, the location had been under scrutiny following a comprehensive geological stability report showing evidence of imminent catastrophic erosion.
The survey's data and suggested preventative measures were dismissed by decades-long employee R. Wilson, citing they had never personally seen any evidence of what the report claimed, nor did they believe NAR would build trainyard infrastructure in a location that would be unviable long-term. Local mining giant Atomic Mining Services likewise dismissed the report, noting their own geologists had confirmed recent earthquakes were natural occurrences as opposed to a result of the company's mining tests.
The trainyard serves as the beginning (or end) of the region's railway system on the Red Line. The location consists of a vast collection of derelict trains, traincars, and ruined buildings, containing a large number of high level loot amidst radiation and enemies.
The ruined warehouses to the northeast include a locked safe and crafting stations for food and power armor, while the maintenance workshops to the northwest have a terminal. By the entrance inside a hut, a dead settler is propped up in chair with a variety of torture implements nearby.
- Sight to see - Holotape, on a mattress in a green trailer near the entrance, across from the fusion generators.
- BoS report - Trainyard - Holotape, on a bed in the blocked-off warehouse, accessible via the walkway between the two warehouses.
- Potential Vault-Tec bobblehead - Inside the control tower near the rusting crane and locomotive, on the file box by the desk with a terminal.
- Potential magazine - On the railroad to the south, inside the green USA carriage near the metal garage and black-and-white parasol, on a sheet of wood and cinder block table, next to a small lamp.
- Two potential armor plans:
- On a cabinet to the right of an armor workbench near the entrance, within a shack.
- In a U.S. Army train car on the southeast side of the site, underneath a counter.
- Potential power armor mod - Inside a U.S. Army train car on the southeast side of the site, on a rolling table, to the right of a power armor station.
- Three potential weapon mods:
- On a low metal shelf next to a toolbox, behind a cluster of radioactive barrels at the southwest.
- Behind a Picklock 0 door near the entrance, on a rolling table next to a dead settler in a chair.
- Inside a red train car with a weapons workbench, near the same carriage as the potential magazine, on a makeshift table.
- Three potential recipes:
- In the same carriage as the potential magazine, on a small metal table.
- Inside the blocked-off warehouse with a cooking station on the second floor, to the right of a Picklock 2 safe.
- Next to the same carriage as the potential magazine, in a red train car, to the right of a non-functioning sink.
- Fusion core - Inside of a generator close to the trainyard, next to a shed.
The flooded trainyard appears only in Fallout 76.