|For an overview of flare, see flare.|
The flare is an ammo type that is specifically used in the flare gun. The round has a familiar look of a shotgun shell but with red paint on the sides. As this is a type of ammo, it has no weight, except in Survival mode.
Weapons using this ammunition
- Occasionally sold by vendors.
- Eight at Cutler Bend.
- Five inside the Yangtze.
- Three in Barney's bunker.
- Given to the Sole Survivor by Preston Garvey after completing the Minutemen quest The First Step.
- After retaking the Castle and completing Old Guns to gain access to the armory, 10-13 flares will respawn in a crate along with artillery smoke grenades in the shelves that contain turrets and traps on the right side of the wall.
- 10 can be collected daily from the Sanctuary Hills workshop after completing When Freedom Calls.
- feral ghouls, to the near north of Far Harbor. Several can be found inside a stranded ship with
- Rarely found in ammo boxes.
- Needs to be within the range of an allied settlement to summon help.
- For full information on the use of flares, see flare gun.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.