| ||For an overview of flares in the Fallout series, see flare.|
The flare is an ammo type that is specifically used in the flare gun. The round has a familiar look of a shotgun shell but with red paint on the sides. As this is a type of ammo, it has no weight, except in Survival mode.
Weapons using this ammunitionEdit
- Occasionally sold by vendors.
- Eight at Cutler Bend.
- Five inside the Yangtze.
- Three in Barney's bunker.
- Given to the Sole Survivor by Preston Garvey after completing the Minutemen quest The First Step.
- After retaking the Castle and completing Old Guns to gain access to the armory, 10-13 flares will respawn in a crate along with artillery smoke grenades in the shelves that contain turrets and traps on the right side of the wall.
- 10 can be collected daily from the Sanctuary Hills workshop after completing When Freedom Calls.
- feral ghouls, to the near north of Far Harbor. Several can be found inside a stranded ship with
- Rarely found in ammo boxes, more commonly if one has the Scrounger perk.
Needs to be within range of an allied settlement to summon help. For full information on the use of flares, see flare gun