|For an overview of flamer fuel ammunition types, see flamethrower fuel.|
It is a gray canister carrying a concentrated and highly-flammable liquid, and is used as ammunition for the flamer and other fire-based weapons.
Weapons using this ammunition
- Sometimes carried by raiders.
- Found in ammunition boxes scattered throughout the Wasteland.
- Dropped by Mister Handies and Mister Gutsies when destroyed.
- A massive amount of the ammunition can be found in the Franklin Metro utility, in the containers near where the Burnmaster is found.
- Enclave Hellfire troopers. Often found on
- The actual "loose" ammunition canisters, as seen in the picture, are mounted on either side of the flamer backpack or the sides of the heavy incinerator.
- While most fuels were depleted during the Resource Wars, it would still be possible to make flamethrower fuel in the post-War conditions. As seen with the flamer's short and wide spread, the fuel used is likely a form of vegetable oil and could even be mixed with napalm, a substance that can also be made even without conventional petrol.
- If during the Operation: Anchorage add-on, a flamer is obtained (through reverse-pickpocketing), there is an associated script with the ammo dispenser, which can be exploited to get near-infinite ammunition. See Operation: Anchorage exploits for more details.
- The above is also true if one can obtain a Minigun from an NPC. Pressing X-Take All is the best approach to this type of pickpocketing. Position the player character as far away from the target NPC as is still possible to pickpocket. Press X and then stand up and run the opposite direction. If no message appears saying, "...item(s) removed" it is very possible that some of his items will have been successfully stolen.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.