Flak was born in 2227. Now aged 50, he is pretty gruff, but completely reformed from his early days of being a slaver and is an upstanding citizen of Rivet City. He spends his days in the shop with Shrapnel, occasionally taking a break to drink down at the Muddy Rudder. Flak still has a bit of the tough guy in his speech, but he's not as aggressive as Shrapnel. He really tries to tone it down when he's at the shop.
Together with his partner Shrapnel, he runs the Flak 'N Shrapnel's weapons store in the marketplace. He can sell you ordnance and repair your weapons. Flak and Shrapnel share their store's inventory, so buying or selling from either one of them will update both of their stocks. This means that if Flak is enslaved by the player character for Paradise Falls, Flak 'N Shrapnel's in the marketplace will still be open. They consistently have a larger amount of caps than the other shops in Rivet City. After the market closes, he goes to the Muddy Rudder for a drink and heads off to his cabin to sleep afterward.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
|This character is a merchant.|| 260-540|
|This character can repair items.||Repair cap: 15|
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character can be enslaved with the Mesmetron.|
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Merc cruiser outfit||Chinese pistol||Flak and Shrapnel's room key
Pack of cigarettes
Flak and Shrapnel's key*
- * The key is not actually obtainable. The game sets as a condition for obtaining it that Shrapnel be dead and Flak be dead or enslaved. Since Shrapnel is set as essential, he cannot die.
- "Need to do some killin', eh?"
- "I'm Flak. If you want something better than that peashooter, stop by Flak and Shrapnel's."
- "I don't put the good stuff out on the table. If you're interested, I can show you the stuff in the locker."
Flak appears only in Fallout 3.
- removefromallfactions command on Flak. [verified] If the player chooses to enslave Flak and then releases him from Paradise Falls, he may be found back in Rivet City doing his usual routine. The problem is he is now missing his dialogue options. When interacted with, he will just have a line stating "You saved me from those bastards. I won't forget it." This can be fixed by using the
- If the player sells a good condition weapon and buys it back from Flak, the weapon will be in bad condition instead. [verified]
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide, p. 391