Thin, flexible fibers made of high-quality glass, used to transmit signals more efficiently than with metal wires. In-game, fiber optics are a key component to high-tier electronic weapon modifications and settlement devices, such as laser turrets. With the Contraptions Workshop add-on, they can be used to produce energy weapons on the energy weapon forge.
Miscellaneous object (see below)
Fiber optics (varies)
|Shipment of 25 units||25||0||∞|
|Flight data recorder||2||3||0.66|
|Laser tripmine (disarm)||1||N/A||N/A|
|Prototype biometric scanner||1||3||0.33|
- * Nothing is gained if one does not have at least level 1 of the Scrapper perk. At level 3, yields are at least doubled.
- 49 can be obtained in the Jamaica Plain Town Hall basement by disarming a large amount of laser tripwires. This can be done indefinitely, thus providing an infinite supply of fiber optics and crystals. To do this, simply press the button beside the door to re-enable the lasers and disarm them again.
- Proctor Teagan sells shipments of 25 fiber optics.
- After a peaceful conclusion to the Restoring Order quest from the Automatron add-on, Isabel Cruz sells shipments of 25 fiber optics.
- Alexis Combes occasionally sells shipments of 25 fiber optics. However, her available shipments are not fixed and will cycle periodically among various shipments including ballistic fiber and nuclear material.
- One method to cycle her shipment stock manually is to wait/sleep 48 hours.
- Nine can be found in the Cranberry Island supply shed, which periodically respawns.