Thin, flexible fibers made of high-quality glass, used to transmit signals more efficiently than with metal wires. In-game, fiber optics are a key component to high-tier electronic weapon modifications and settlement devices, such as laser turrets.
Miscellaneous object (see below)
Fiber optics (varies)
|Shipment of 25 units||25||0||∞|
|Flight data recorder||2||3||0.66|
|Laser tripmine (disarm)||1||N/A||N/A|
|Prototype biometric scanner||1||3||0.33|
- Nothing is gained if the player does not have at least level 1 of the Scrapper perk. At level 3 yields are doubled or more than doubled.
- 49 can be obtained in the Jamaica Plain Town Hall basement by disarming a large amount of laser tripwires.
- Teagan sells shipments of 25 fiber optics.
- After a peaceful conclusion to the Restoring Order quest from the Automatron add-on, Isabel Cruz sells shipments of 25 fiber optics.
- Alexis Combes occasionally sells shipments of 25 fiber optics. However, her available shipments are not fixed and will cycle periodically among various shipments including ballistic fiber and nuclear material.
- One method to cycle her shipment stock manually is to wait/sleep 48 hours.