A chemical substance used mainly for enriching the soil for farming, but in-game is used mostly for creating explosives at the chemistry station.
With the addition of the Contraptions Workshop add-on, it is also used to craft ammo.
- Fertilizer can be found all around the Commonwealth.
- For sale at Diamond City Surplus.
- Connie Abernathy sells two shipments of 25.
- Daniel Finch sells a shipment of 25.
- Supervisor Greene sells two shipments of 25.
- If the Sole Survivor has a brahmin in an allied settlement, such as the one at Abernathy farm or purchasing one from Kelly, then fertilizer will be gathered at a rate of one per day and added to the workbench similar to excess purified water and scrap collected by settlers. If the player character places a brahmin feed trough in a settlement, settlers will bring at least one brahmin. With the Wasteland Workshop add-on, the Sole Survivor can build brahmin cages to capture more brahmin.
An uncommon component that is used to plant fruit and vegetables and make chems and explosives. Raw fertilizer cannot be sold to vendors, however fertilizer yielding junk or Bulk fertilizer can be sold to vendors for caps.
Miscellaneous object (see below)
|Bag of fertilizer||?||4||?||?|
|Radioactive pumpkin seeds||?||4||?||?|
Fertilizer can also be crafted at a Chemistry station.
Spoiled fruit (10)
Spoiled meat (10)
Spoiled vegetables (10)
- Fertilizer collector object. The plan can be acquired as Brahmin Pen from Harpers Ferry vendor.
- Bags of fertilizer can be found around Appalachia nearby greenhouses or farms.
- Fertilizer deposits found around Appalachia or Workshops yield Waste acid.
- Radioactive pumpkin seeds are rewarded for completing the daily quest Trick or Treat? at the Pumpkin house.
Behind the scenesEdit
The use as an ingredient for creating explosives meshes with the real-world chemistry of fertilizer for explosives. Only certain kinds of fertilizer, those with ammonium nitrate, can be used in such a capacity.