Referenced rewrite needed (Enclave information was merged back, needs background with focus on pre-War government)
The contents below are not considered trustworthy as they have not yet been verified or vetted appropriately. Information included does not meet Nukapedia's quality standards, requiring significant rework, addition of references, removal of speculation, embellishment, and unsupported headcanon.
In the years prior to the war, the government was led by the president, who worked with their respective cabinet. The House of Representatives and the Senate were legislative bodies capable of the impeachment of a president. The Senate was comprised of department committees that engaged in various initiatives, while Congress was briefed on plans concerning national security. The government included multiple departments and agencies as followed.
- Desmond Lockheart mentions that at any point in time, there were no less than three members of the Calvert family serving in the senate, and seven in the House of Representatives.
- An unnamed member of the senate was captured and taken aboard Mothership Zeta.
- Department of Labor was cut from Fallout 76. The
Behind the scenes
- According to the Fallout strategy guide, selections from the Library of Congress were included in every Garden of Eden Creation Kit.[Non-canon 1]
- Van Buren, the canceled Fallout 3 project by Black Isle, would have expanded on the pre-War federal government.[Non-canon 2]
- The Food and Drug Administration is mentioned in the marketing material for the Pip-Boy 2000 Mk VI FM radio module promotional item.
- Sierra Depot GNN transcript
- Department of Ag projects
- Vault 79 (slideshow)
- H&H Tools Factory terminal entries; Alan Dalton's terminal, E-mail from Jenny DeSoto
- Vault locations v34.129
- The Sam Blackwell interview
- Charleston Capitol Building terminal entries; Senator Blackwell's terminal, Appointments
- St. Aubin medical facility terminal entries; terminal, To: Doctor Stewart
- Committee meeting notes
- Charleston Capitol Building terminal entries; Senator Blackwell's terminal, Energy Meeting
- Department of Ag projects
- Desmond Lockheart: "Members of the Calvert family were influential all over the world. They practically owned a deed to the US government. In their best days, there were no less than three Calvert family senators, seven members of the house, and two governors. They even had a top candidate for president, until that scandal with the dog forced him to drop out of the race. I was particularly proud of that one."
(Desmond Lockheart's dialogue)
- Alien captive recorded log 15
- Vault Dweller's Survival Guide: "Holodisc Reader with Library - includes selections from the Library of Congress, complete set of encyclopedias, and other life saving information, all contained on four-hundred and sixty handy holodiscs! and... A Miniature Pen Flashlight'!
- Tibbets Prison design documents, page 7: "The United States Penitentiary (USP), Tibbets is located on 1,583 square acres with 22.8 inside the penitentiary walls. It is an all-male high security level facility committed to carrying out the judgments of the Federal Courts. It provides a safe, secure and humane environment for those offenders committed to its custody. Like all Bureau facilities, Tibbets adheres to a balanced philosophy that recognizes that punishment, deterrence, and incapacitation are all valid purposes of confinement. Opportunities for positive change are provided through work, education, training, and counseling for inmates motivated toward self-improvement."