|The following is based on Fallout 76 limited-time content.|
Fasnacht Day is an event quest first introduced in the Fallout 76 Wild Appalachia update. The quest was available from March 19-26, 2019. It was slated to return in May 2020 but has since been postponed.
|Event quest: Fasnacht Day|
|Speak to the Master of Ceremonies in Helvetia.|
|Find the five protectron marchers.|
|Complete five different tasks.|
|Join the parade and protect the marchers along their route|
|Reward: Fasnacht mask|
Fasnacht-related C.A.M.P. plan
- Speak to the Master of Ceremonies in Helvetia.
- Find the five protectron marchers.
- Complete five of the following tasks. The tasks will correspond to the profession of the marchers found.
- Cheerful Beekeeper: Exterminate the honey beasts which are attacking the Honey Haus.
- Happy Candlemaker: Donate beeswax from the Honey Haus hives to the Candlemaker (0/10)
- Gleeful Butcher: Donate intestines from animals at the Butcher's Cooler (0/12)
- Jolly Baker: Donate radtoad eggs from the stream to the Pantry (0/20)
- Convivial Historian: Bring old Fasnacht steins to the museum for analysis (0/12)
- Joyous Musician: Play some music onstage.
- Jubilant Decorator: Decorate the barn.
- Merry Woodsman: Add wood to the bonfire (0/50)
- Join the parade and protect the marchers along their route.
- A legendary megasloth, pack of vicious wolves and stingwings will spawn when the parade reaches the end of its route at the bonfire.
- Please commence enjoying Fashnacht.
- This is an official Faschnacht fun zone.
- Combat Override Ignored. Faschnacht Mode has higher priority.
- Do not interfere with Faschnacht. The party must go on.
- Zis is my favorite celebration!
- Confetti is just so much fun, no?
- Faschnacht mask within parameters. Continue to Party.
- Party mode engaged, maximum fun levels achieved.
- Please resume enjoying the celebration.
These are the available Fasnacht masks and hats:
- Fasnacht skull mask
- Fasnacht goblin mask
- Fasnacht giant mask
- Fasnacht jester mask
- Fasnacht Man mask (not unique to the event)
- Fasnacht soldier mask
- Fasnacht owl mask
- Fasnacht witch mask
- Fasnacht toothy man mask
- Fasnacht sun mask
- Fasnacht Winter Man mask
- Fasnacht Old Man Summer mask
- Fasnacht Moonshine Mama mask
- Fasnacht Tyrolean hat
- Fasnacht beret
Because of a separate bug that prevented small creatures from spawning at normal rates on public servers, the Fasnacht Day event's return for 2020 was delayed indefinitely. It was originally slated to be active from May 25 - June 1, 2020, but because intestines cannot be retrieved when critters do not spawn, the quest could not be completed. The event was disabled on the morning of May 25, having only briefly been active before being delayed. The issue was not present during the 2019 version of the event, as the critters bug had been introduced with Wastelanders.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Fastnacht is an actual annual carnival celebrated by German and Swiss people while traditionally wearing masks that represent demons, jesters, witches and animals. In Helvetia, West Virginia it is normally celebrated once per year on the first weekend after Fat Tuesday, and concludes with the burning of an effigy in a bonfire, without any robots or megasloths.
- The music playing in the Fastnacht parade is "One More Pils" composed by Andy Vale and licensed from APM Music. The original piece is 1:10 minutes long while the version used in the game uses two 15 second clips that repeat one after another endlessly.
- ↑ BethesdaGameStudios_ on Reddit
- ↑ Helvetia, WV's Fasnacht celebrates Swiss German traditions, end of winter
- ↑ Fasnacht: A West Virginia town's spooky answer to Mardi Gras
- ↑ From the KPM album Practice Makes Perfect KPM-0552.
Practice Makes Perfect track listing