Fallout 3 locations project
This section is needed but has not been written yet. You can help Nukapedia by writing it.
- A Duck and Cover! in a shelter under an intact bridge (slightly past the broken one with raiders). Turn around after leaving the station and head northwest. The skill book is sitting on a table with 2 frag grenades. There is a landmine on the ground near the area. Be careful not to set it off, as it may knock the skill book off the table, making it difficult to find.
- A U.S. Army: 30 Handy Flamethrower Recipes book behind a medium locked door, just below the Metro Utility gate and door, 3 pre-War books can also be found in the same room.
- A Nikola Tesla and You book in the safe in the office just before the Metro Utility gate.
- If you walk down to the dock like area facing away from the central city be sure to prepare for 2-3 Super Mutant Masters / Super Mutant Brutes with a minigun, an assault rifle, or a missile launcher to blast you and two raiders from the corner of a building next to Wilhelm's Wharf. *These do not appear anytime before you go to that dock area (No killing them before you cross the river.)
- There is a small ammunition and medicine cache at the end of the dock like area consisting of two first aid boxes, two ammunition boxes and one free-standing Jet.
- If you attempt to cross the river to reach Farragut West Metro Station, be prepared to fight the 3 raiders on the east side and also the 2 super mutants on the west side (possibly armed with a minigun and missile launcher depending on your level). You can sneak across the river further north, spawn the super mutants by approaching the dock, watch from the stairs as the raiders and super mutants battle each other, then pick off the side that wins (usually the super mutants). This saves you some effort and, more importantly, ammo. If you have spare frag mines, place them near the wooden ramp on the west side (to hurt the super mutants).
- It grants access to the metro tunnel system, Farragut West Station.
- Farragut West is one of the random encounter locations.
- Farragut West is also a spawning point for two Brotherhood Paladins who will be fighting two super mutants.
Behind the scenes
- Farragut West Station is a real metro station in Washington D.C., although its location is farther inside the DC area.