|For the actual station itself, see Farragut West station.|
Layout[edit | edit source]
The Farragut West station is located to the east of Super-Duper Mart and north of Wilhelm's Wharf, across the river from both. The area consists of an open plaza with the station entrance and a small wharf along the river at the bottom of a short flight of steps, with a small stash of ammunition and medical items kept by raiders.
Initially, there are only three raiders patrolling the wharf on the metro side of the river. However, when the Lone Wanderer first approaches the stash at the end of the wharf (from swimming across the river or by descending from the station plaza) two super mutants will spawn on the opposite bank, one of which will be armed with a big gun of some sort. Once the super mutants appear they will continually skirmish with the raiders, as both parties regularly respawn.
Additionally, the midpoint of a patrolling random encounter is centered in front of the metro entrance, which can add further chaos to the already conflict filled location.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- A Duck and Cover! in an abandoned camp under an intact bridge (slightly past the broken one with raiders). Turn around after leaving the station and head northwest. The skill book is sitting on a table with 2 frag grenades. There is a frag mine at the entrance to the camp.
- A Nikola Tesla and You in a room with a terminal and safe, across a walkway from the area where power generators and feral ghouls are enclosed by a fence. It is in the safe.
- A camera in the above room, on a desk.
- A U.S. Army: 30 Handy Flamethrower Recipes in a small armory behind an Average locked door at the bottom of the room with the feral ghouls in it.
- 3 pre-War books in the above-mentioned room.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It grants access to the metro tunnel system, Farragut West station.
- A 'Type B' random encounter spawns at this location. Its patrol route runs from the highway ramp east of the station, to just before the super mutant encampment along the river to the southeast.
- If Broken Steel has been downloaded, the super mutants may be replaced with a super mutant overlord.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Farragut West Metro station appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Farragut West station is a real metro station in Washington D.C., although its location is farther inside the D.C. area.
Gallery[edit | edit source]