|The following is based on Fallout cut content.|
Fallout cut content refers to content in Fallout which was cut from the final version of the game. A few of it can still be found in the game files but is inaccessible within the game itself.
- 1 Cut character interaction
- 2 Cut factions
- 3 Cut quests
- 4 Cut creatures
- 5 Cut characters
- 6 Cut locations
- 7 Cut location content
- 8 Cut items
- 9 Cut addiction
- 10 Other
Cut character interaction[edit | edit source]
- Abel - According to his dialogue file, the Vault Dweller was able to taunt him into lowering the force field in Mariposa Military Bases living quarters.
- Viola - Many lines that cannot be accessed.
Cut factions[edit | edit source]
Cut quests[edit | edit source]
- Become a Blade
- Become an honorary Viper
- Deliver Locket for Romero
- Deliver package from the Gun Runners
- Find Children spy in the Followers
- Report Iguana Bob to the Hub police
- Rescue Jason Zimmerman
- Save Trish
- Stop the Gangs from attacking Adytum
- The Search for the Glow
- The Trade Line
- To Catch a Wisp
- The Wood Cutter's Wife
Additional unnamed cut quests include:
- A Brotherhood mini-quest to deliver Pulse Grenades from Michael to Sophia. Also more extended dialogue with Michael, and being able to con a Laser Pistol out of him.
- A Brotherhood spy quest.
- A quest to deliver (perhaps unwittingly) a bomb to a Follower named Jake (you can ask Nicole about him).
- A mini-quest involving Billy and Dan in the Hub, which has been fully scripted but seemingly does not work.
Cut creatures[edit | edit source]
Cut characters[edit | edit source]
- Hernandez, a man of mucho gusto, a gambler with a foolproof system.
- Vasquez Villanova Hernandez Ortega, a mercenary desperado.
- Bob, who owes many caps at Gizmo's Casino.
- Richie, one could pose as a Hub vault inspector when confronting him.
- Rufus, playing "Cyberhood, Prince of the Matrix."
The following are post mutant invasion:
- Children of the Cathedral guard
- Children of the Cathedral scout
- Initiate Ronald
- Initiate Caroline
- Initiate Myles
- Initiate Alisha
- Initiate Thomas
- Initiate Gabriel
- Initiate Charlene
- Initiate Ekdar
- Initiate Hopper
- Initiate Radek
- Scholar Theslin
- Scholar Slater
- Scholar Aunanut
- Scholar Eikenkoff
- Scholar Spikavar
- Scholar Varalone
- Scholar Quinonos
- Scholar Ziegliff
- Scholar Jones
- Scholar Smithe
Most cathedral NPCs give you only a small part of their dialogue. A good example is Viola, who has many lines that cannot be accessed. So it's hard to tell if actually any NPCs were completely removed.
- Dominic - "A strange energy flares from his eyes."
- Wiggup - "Small sparks of energy flow over his body," likely Wiggum.
Super mutants[edit | edit source]
The Thinker Nightkins[edit | edit source]
Random encounters[edit | edit source]
There are some MSG files for a type of random encounter that was never fully implemented: people from a nearby location who had significant amounts of dialogue, depending on one's rep there, could give news or lead to their base.
Other locations[edit | edit source]
Cut locations[edit | edit source]
Cut location content[edit | edit source]
Boneyard[edit | edit source]
- A gang war in the Boneyard, with the Blades as a regular gang instead of a bunch of wimps and Tangler as a big bad boss of the Rippers (you can hear about them in some tell-me-abouts). Related quests to join the Blades, stop the gangs from attacking Adytum, and rescue Zimmerman's son (Jason, not Josh) from the Rippers.
Glow[edit | edit source]
The body has this description "This body might be some kind of genetic experiment."
- GLOWCAGE.MSG - "It appears as though this cage contained lab animals for testing. Somehow, the bars have been torn off."
- GLWBOX.MSG - "This looks to be the footlocker of some guards."
- GLOWDESK.MSG - a locked desk of papers
- GLOWTABL.MSG - a table in a mess
Vault 15[edit | edit source]
- Finding a key in Vault 15 meant for... who knows what.
Other location[edit | edit source]
- Finding the remains of an ambushed caravan along with the corpse of a Vault 13 scout named Sean, who turned super mutant.
Cut items[edit | edit source]
Cut addiction[edit | edit source]
Other[edit | edit source]
- Happy endings for the Followers of the Apocalypse (with a picture showing an unbroken wall) and the Hub (with a picture showing Iguana Bob Frazier), and mutant invasion endings for Junktown and the Brotherhood of Steel (with a picture showing a super mutant).
- In-game effects of mutant invasions of the Followers, Hub, Brotherhood, Junktown, and Shady Sands.
- A clue index, mostly serving as reminders of known information, and a function to store video clips in the Pip-Boy.
- An unused "fire dance" death animation for children and midgets.