|For users that moderate chat, see Fallout Wiki:Administrators and moderators.|
Information and rules pertaining to the Nukapedia Discord server.
The Nukapedia Discord is a server dedicated to the Fallout wiki and its community. Moderators are dedicated to maintaining a positive and inclusive environment with a strict zero toxicity policy at all times. Below are all official and affiliate servers.
|Official||Nukapedia||Server dedicated towards the editorial and administrative aspects of the wiki's community, as well as general discussion.||Nukapedia Discord|
|Affiliate||Fallout 76 Datamining||Server dedicated to datamining and examining the game files of Fallout 76. Added as an affiliate in September 2020.||Datamining Discord|
|Server dedicated towards the editorial and administrative aspects of the wiki's community, as well as general discussion.|
|Fallout 76 Datamining|
|Server dedicated to datamining and examining the game files of Fallout 76, providing information, art assets, and tutoring for those interested. Added as an affiliate in September 2020.|
The Nukapedia Discord members are organized into several roles. Non-vanity roles are outlined below.
Bots are automated or semi-automated processes managed by administrators for various purposes. Bots are given the "synth" vanity role to assist in identification.
|John Henry Eden||Double Counter|
|Mr. New Vegas||DisTube|
Nukapedia's Discord server is divided into six active sections apart from an archived channel category, outlined below.
|Channel||Description||Min access level|
|#rules||Read-only channel that includes the rules and other server information.||Vault Dweller|
|#overseer terminal||Read-only channel with news, retweets, weekly nuke codes, vote notices, and announcements.|
|#bonus-roles||Autorole reaction channel for vanity roles and announcement alert subscriptions.|
|#faction-recruitment||Autorole reaction channel for Fallout faction selection, utilized for various community events.|
|#the-vault-door||Landing channel used for greetings, the verification process for both Nukapedians and SAFE test.|
|#the-editorial-ballpit||Dedicated to Nukapedia and editing conversations only.||Nukapedian|
|#active-projects||Discussion and updates regarding active projects.|
|#suggestions||Suggestions and ideas for the server or wiki.|
|#meeting-hall||Channel opened only to facilitate reoccurring Meeting of the Minds.|
|#wiki-lounge||Default channel for discussion.||Vault Dweller|
|#the-big-empty||Utilized for gifs, memes, images, and videos unrelated to discussion.|
|#robot-repair-center||For all non-moderative/wiki bot commands including games and rank functionality.||SAFE test1|
|#gameplay-consortium||For non-editing Fallout-related conversations.|
|#spoilers||Discussion about recently released content.|
|#vault-76||Utilized for 76 specific topics including trading, updates, and builds.|
|#hall-of-debate||Applicable conversations restricted to this channel. Access role requires staff sponsorship.|
|#transcripts||Allows for text based conversation during or in reference to voice chat.||SAFE test|
|#jukebox-tunes||A channel for sharing music videos and related conversation.|
|#WRVR Station||A voice chat channel.|
|#NCR Emergency Radio||A voice chat channel.|
|#Mysterious Broadcast||A voice chat channel.|
|#the-memory-den||Dedicated to Fallout Roleplay and Fanon wiki conversations.||SAFE test|
|#fan-works||Channel for Fallout-related fan art, mod work, and cosplay.|
|#vault-tec-security||Utilized for communication of sensitive data only, access restricted to elected staff members.||Discussion Moderator|
|#discussions-staff||Channel for communication between discussions/thread moderators.|
|#neighborhood-watch||Pertaining to moderation of wiki and server.||Nukapedian2|
|#kl-e-o-logs||Log channel for server moderation actions.|
|#settings-log||Log of updates to server settings and non-moderative activity.||Patroller|
|#change-log||Bot log of all changed and deleted messages and images.|
|#verification||Bot log of verification attempts and results.|
- 1Hall of Debate requires access role granted via staff sponsorship in addition to SAFE test level permissions. More information available below.
- 2Nukapedians have read-only access. Rights holders have read and write access.
There are three levels of general users, roles including Vault Dweller, SAFE test, and Nukapedian. Channel access is dependent on these verifications, and can be completed in #the-vault-door channel, where one will find instructions on how to do so. Fallout Wiki activity is required to maintain the Nukapedian role and users who have been inactive for longer than 30 days are subject to removal. In either case, users may rejoin and/or reverify at any time.
The conduct guidelines below detail expectations for all interactions, are not exhaustive, and are in addition to both Discord Guidelines and Terms of Service.
- 1. Discussions must be kept within their dedicated channels. If a topic goes off topic, suggest or follow suggestions to move the conversation to appropriate channels.
- 2. If an interaction becomes too acrimonious, ping or message any staff member. If a staff member indicates a conversation should end, respect their decision.
- 4. Using alt accounts to bypass Discord bans or Fallout Wiki blocks is considered ban evasion and is not allowed.
- 5. Be civil and courteous to other users on the server. Do not engage in personal attacks, hate speech, harassment, threats, or sexually degrading language. Do not spam, excessively use capital letters, or ping others repetitively. NSFW content is not allowed and will be removed.
- 6. Do not reveal personally identifiable information about users or violate confidentiality on issues asked to be kept confidential by other users or administrators. This includes linking to external sources such as social media accounts.
- 7. Users are allowed to delete or edit their own posts, but disruptive or misrepresentative alteration or removal of information is not allowed.
- 8. Participation in this server assumes understanding and acceptance of rules.
Voice chat and bots
- 9. Voice channels can be used freely by everyone and follow the same rules as chat, including prohibition of topics outlined above. Take turns speaking and avoid talking over others. If you wish to participate in the voice channel, related text conversation should take place in the #intercom-transcripts channel.
- 10. Bots are present in the server for moderation purposes. Bots and related images should only be used sparingly outside the #robot-repair-center and #the-big-empty, with the exception of the wiki-bot, which can be used in related channels. Any user wishing for or to bring a bot into the server must gain approval from an administrator.
Hall of debate
- 11. All potentially contentious subject matter is allowed only in the #hall-of-debate channel, which requires a staff sponsorship. Reach out to a staff member for this role. Topics restricted to this channel include, but are not limited to, those of religion, politics, and divisive history.
- 12. Server nicknames do not have to match Fallout Wiki usernames, with the exception of administrators and bureaucrats. These staff members may alternatively identify their wiki username in their about me, as long as it is visible to users. Nicknames cannot consist of content that would otherwise violate server rules, nor can they mirror that of a staff member. Staff impersonation in any form is not allowed.
Moderation of the server is the responsibility of members listed here. Bans and their duration are at the discretion of staff.
- First offense: Warning
- Second offense: Kick
- Third offense: Three day ban
- Fourth: One week ban
- Fifth: One month ban
- Subsequent: Permanent ban
Staff members are responsible for updating the moderation log at the time of enforcement and upon expiry, as applicable. Wiki-side blocks are mirrored to Discord bans, and any actions mirrored wiki side must also be communicated on the user's talk page by the acting moderator, explaining rationale and duration. Those without a Fallout Wiki account should also be noted. Staff must also summarily remove moderation actions placed as appropriate.
Temporary rights are routinely given to mentees as part of the Vault Academy chat moderator training program. The rights are granted in seven day increments, progress of which is documented and overseen by their mentor. They are differentiated by a unique color and role underneath the chat moderator role. They have the same permissions as a chat moderator and function in the same way, with the added level of required engagement with their mentor before administrative action, barring instances of blatant misconduct.