|This page contains Nukapedia's reviews of permanent blocks or chat bans policy.|
Also known as a SaintPain appeal, the reviews of permanent blocks or chat bans policy grants the opportunity for any user who has been permanently blocked or banned from the wiki or its official Discord server to request it lifted after 12 months have passed from their last infraction of the rules, including the use of multiple accounts.
The policy is named after SaintPain, who was taken from our community too soon. To those who knew him, and those who never had the opportunity to cross paths, he was equally kindhearted and eccentric, beloved and respected, and this policy stands in memoriam, supporting the belief that redemption is possible, and extending the courtesy serves only to benefit, supporting a brighter and better community for all. SaintPain's memory will carry forward here, reminding all of us of the importance of keeping an open mind, embracing understanding, communication, and good faith.
Due to block limitations, the user seeking an appeal must request via their own talk page, addressed to an active bureaucrat. Current bureaucrats can be found here. This means that administrators must leave talk pages open when blocking, except in cases of gross misconduct/abuse. In those cases, any appeal requests can be submitted to the bureaucrat's Community Central message wall, which can be accessed via the url community.fandom.com/wiki/Message_Wall:User, substituting "User" with the bureaucrat's user name.
Where both of these options are not possible, the user can reach out to Mr Pie 5, Nukapedia's Fandom Representative who can help connect with the bureaucrat. Instructions on contacting them via Discord are found here.
This request should be made to a Bureaucrat, ideally on their talk page. Where this is not possible it should be made on the users own talk page. Where both of these is not possible, or no response is received after a timely period, this should be relayed via a bureaucrat's wall on Community Central.
- When evaluating the request the Bureaucrat is not obliged to assume good faith, where they believe there is a reason for not extending this courtesy, but should be prepared to listen with an open mind.
- The Bureaucrat may wish to examine the following when evaluating the request (this list is non exhaustive):
- The events that lead to the final block/ban
- Any attempts to circumvent the block/ban
- The length of time that has passed
- Any extenuating circumstances that may have applied at the time of the final block/ban (Issues in personal life, etc).
- The users good acts prior to the block/ban
- Any personal growth the user has done since the block/ban
- Their behaviour on other Wikia wikis
If the Bureaucrat believes that clemency is warranted, they may start a forum thread discussing the users status. This thread should first be opened as a discussion for at least a week. If there is no objection, the block/ban may be lifted at this time; if there is an objection the result should go to a poll
- The Bureaucrat may temporarily lift blocks/bans at their discretion to allow for the user to argue their own case. The user however is expected to not edit any other pages other than their own talk page (or talk pages to those who have posted on theirs), and the discussion page itself; any messages should relate to their own hearing only. Any breach of this may result in the discussion immediately being closed (and resolved in the negative) at the Bureaucrat's discretion.
- Blocks/Bans are only to be reviewed once.
- The user may immediately be permanently blocked/banned if they are involved in all but the most trivial offences.
- Any special rights held by the user will not be reapplied.
|Policy vote forum overview|
|Policy||Reviews of permanent blocks or chat bans|
|Proposal discussion||Permaban reviews|
|Proposal vote||Permaban reviews|
|Date and result||21 October 2012 · 18-1-3|
|Related topics||Administration policy · User conduct guideline|