Image needed (Rare dwellers (without a weapon))
This article or its infobox is missing an image. Please help Nukapedia by uploading it.
|The following is based on Fallout Shelter and some details might contradict canon.|
|This page lists all characters in Fallout Shelter.|
Rare and legendary dwellers are found in lunchboxes. Legendary dwellers arrive wearing a legendary outfit and a rare weapon. Rare and Legendary dwellers keep their outfit when entering the vault, rather than immediately switching to a vault suit.
There are 20 Rare dwellers and 23 legendary dwellers to collect. Legendary dwellers are named after characters from Fallout 3 and Fallout 4. Legendary dwellers are found randomly through opening lunchboxes. Rare dwellers have a total sum of 29 SPECIAL points, with the exception of 3. Legendary dwellers have a total sum of 40 SPECIAL points.
Rare and legendary dwellers are not unique. A vault can have multiple rare and legendary dwellers of the same name. All rare and legendary dweller cards are equally likely to be found in a lunchbox, regardless of whether any rare and legendary dwellers are already in the vault.
Some Legendary dwellers, such as Sarah Lyons, Three Dog and Preston Garvey, can be obtained by completing their respective quests from the Overseer's office.
|Akira Katana||Ninja outfit||4||3||4||3||4||8||3|
|Ameritus Jones||Professor outfit||3||4||3||4||8||3||4|
|Andre Grande||Wrestler outfit||4||3||4||3||4||8||3|
|Brandy Valentino||Movie fan outfit||3||4||3||4||3||4||8|
|Carlos the Great||Medieval ruler outfit||6||6||6||6||6||6||6|
|Danielle Hart||Surgeon outfit||4||3||4||3||8||4||3|
|Frank Blitzer||Sports fan outfit||3||4||3||4||3||4||8|
|Galahad Swingsalot||Knight armor||8||3||4||3||4||3||4|
|Heywood Yalaff||Comedian outfit||3||4||3||8||4||3||4|
|Laurel Divinitus||Republic robes||7||7||7||7||7||7||7|
|Martha Dewey||Librarian outfit||3||8||4||3||4||3||4|
|Max Throttle||Greaser outfit||3||8||4||3||4||3||4|
|Oscar Blood||Horror fan outfit||4||8||4||3||4||3||4|
|Rex Chessman||Clergy outfit||3||4||3||8||4||3||4|
|Rock Hardscrabble||Survivor armor||3||4||8||3||4||3||4|
|Shamus Rumple||Mayor outfit||4||3||4||8||3||4||3|
|Tenderloin Fauntleroy||Nobility outfit||5||5||5||5||5||5||5|
|Tina Wrenchley||Engineer outfit||4||3||4||3||8||4||3|
|Vera Majors||Soldier uniform||8||4||3||4||3||4||3|
|Prospero Leonard||Sci-fi fan outfit||3||4||8||3||4||3||4|
Note: The names of rare dwellers from lunch boxes and certain quests are random.
|Alvarado||Springtime for Atom||Confessor|
|Alvarez||Journey to the Center of Vaultopolis||Overseer||Vault 813|
|Artie Moore||A Thirst for Adventure||Explorer, scavenger|
|Beef Slam Bednarski||Monday Night Brawl||Raider|
|Big Wes||The Final Hunt||Hunter, enemy|
|Bigsby||The Tail Continues||Detective|
|Boss McScrooge||Christmas at the Raider Camp||Raider||Raider camp|
|Brother Will||The Sixth Sun||Church initiate||Raider camp|
|Butcher||Bounty: Butcher||Enemy deathclaw|
|Chang||All Work and No Play||Overseer|
|Cruddy Bonez||Aqua-schema||Gang leader|
|Emma||The Tail Continues||Overseer|
|Frank the Tank||Tankbusting||Raider||Vault 333|
|Hatchet O'Houlihan||Monday Night Brawl||Raider|
|Herb Vest||Go West||Lost character||Old candy factory|
|Howard Philips||Go West||Librarian||Old candy factory|
|Otto von Hurfburg|| Wonders of Technology|
Wonders of Science
Wonders of Nature
|Patel||Journey to the Center of Vaultopolis||Overseer||Vault 909|
|Paula Plumbkin||Journey to the Center of Vaultopolis||Raider, former vault dweller||Vault 525|
|Radroach Rodney||Reign of Radroach Rodney!||Enemy radroach|
|Road Rash||Raider Troubles at Corvega||Enemy raider|
|Sally Switchblade||Wedding Crashers||Raider, Bride|
|Slugger||Take Me out to the Ball Game||Raider|
|Snips||Bounty: Snips||Enemy radscorpion|
|Steve||The Shadow Wolf||Rescuee|
|Marcus Hammer||Wedding Crashers||Raider, Groom|
- Abraham Washington initially has an outfit that has no name and provides no bonuses. Despite the fact that the in-game Washington is wearing a blue shirt with a green pullover, the outfit's icon is the same white, long-sleeve, button-down shirt icon that a new dweller has before he is brought into the vault. This icon only appears in Abraham Washington's infobox; the outfit selection pane shows no icon, name, or bonus. If this outfit is replaced, it does not enter your inventory, and thus cannot be given to any dweller; Washington cannot return to this outfit once changed. UPDATE: This changed with the 1.5 release. Abraham Washington now comes equipped with Abraham's relaxedwear. If you previously changed his outfit, the relaxedwear appears in your inventory.
- Characters' SPECIAL stats differentiate from their counterparts in other Fallout games. Characters may also be using referenced weapons that they normally wouldn't be using in their other respective appearances.
- The original twenty legendary dwellers available in Fallout Shelter version 1.0 are based on characters from Fallout 3. Dwellers added through updates are either based on the Fallout series in general or Fallout 4. Mr. Handy and Preston Garvey were added in version 1.1, and the Mysterious Stranger and Piper were added in version 1.2. Old Longfellow was added in version 1.5, for a limited time you could obtain him in a special event started May 12th, plus 5 lunchboxes, but only in a single vault that you opened first when this event was launched.
- The Mysterious Stranger only appears in the vault for a few seconds and will disappear after this time has passed or the player selects him to collect caps.
- Bottle and Cappy may appear after being rescued from Raiders. They will increase happiness, and provide a few caps or Nuka-Cola Quantum when clicked on.