Under construction (Scribe-Howard/Waster)
This page is currently undergoing restructuring. Please reach out to the user indicated above before making additional changes.
Occasionally, certain foes with powerful buffs will appear. These legendary enemies will be identifiable by a star (★) and the nameplate prefix "Legendary". When killed, legendary enemies will drop a randomly generated legendary item with at least one effect. For each star an enemy has, the randomly generated item they drop may have an equal number of legendary effects. When legendary enemies spawn, there is a brief window before they gain their stars. This process is initiated when the enemy becomes veiled with a temporary green fog. If the enemy is killed before the stars appear on its nameplate, then it will not yield any legendary items.
|# Stars||Legendary drop|
|★ ★||★ (50%)|
★ ★ (50%)
|★ ★ ★||★ (33.33%)|
★ ★ (33.33%)
★ ★ ★ (33.33%)
Missing data (legendary enemy passive abilities + odds for an enemy/scorchbeast to become legendary, by region)
This article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
- When their HP is reduced to 40% or below, all legendary enemies will regen 99,999 HP or until they reach their max HP.
- Depending on what type of enemy they are, Legendary enemies possess bonus abilities:
- Some deal poison damage over time on their melee attacks
- Some gain enhanced accuracy
- Some deal bonus damage
- Robots will initiate a self-destruct sequence upon dying.
There are certain restrictions on how, when and which enemies may spawn in as Legendary enemies:
|Legendary enemy disallowed|
|Event or quest only|
|Grafton Monster[quest 1]||Liberator||Mole miner|
|Honey beast||Mega sloth||Mirelurk spawn|
|Mothman||Ms. Nanny||Mr. Handy|
- Cannot spawn as legendary enemies
- Enemies level 9 and lower.
- Enemies during Daily Ops.
- Watoga/the Whitespring/Whitespring bunker - All robot enemies cannot spawn legendary.
- Site Alpha/Bravo/Charlie - while the robots that are initially patrolling the nuclear missile silos may spawn as legendary enemies, those which spawn from the robot pods cannot.
- Random encounter - feral ghoul/Scorched nuke code officers cannot spawn as legendary enemies.
- The Forest region is excluded from random legendary spawns in exteriors. Only quest/event and interior spawns are allowed:
- Fasnacht Day - ★★★ mega sloth boss
- Free Range - ★★★ Sheepsquatch boss
- Hordes - ★★★ alphas (excluding "Wolf Horde: The Forest")
- Leader of the Pack - ★ wolf pack leaders (x3)
- Project Paradise - ★★★ Fog crawler/Grafton monster/Sheepsquatch
- Special seasonal enemies such as Treasure Hunters
- Enemies within interiors, such as the Arktos Pharma biome lab or Charleston Capitol Building
- Most humans cannot spawn as Legendary enemies
- Named characters cannot spawn as legendary enemies (Knight Shin, Maul, Rose...)
- Brotherhood, Cannibals, Communists, Hellcats, Free Radicals, Rust Eagles, scavengers and settlers cannot spawn as legendary enemies.
- Raiders can randomly spawn as legendary enemies as long as they are not the ones which always spawn at the Crater (includes the raider thief and raider hunter)
- If an armor, power armor or weapon is only obtainable after learning its respective plan, then Legendary enemies cannot drop that item, regardless of whether the plan is learned or not.
- Any Legendary enemy has a 25% chance to drop a Legendary T-45 power armor or Raider power armor part.
- [verified] While some enemies may only be spawn as legendary during specific events, a number of enemy types are unable to become legendary at all. The following enemies have a 0% chance to randomly spawn as a legendary outside of a specific quest:
Bugged to never be legendary
- Legendary enemies are ocassionally marked with their green cloud before the star is added to their nameplate. Legendary enemies killed before the stars are added to their nameplate will never yield a legendary item.[verified]
For a full list of characters and enemies which cannot become Legendary enemies, check the references tab for these keywords:
- ★★★ only
- ★ only
- Note: "critters", such as radstags and squirrels, and immobile turrets are omitted from this list. Passive and pushover enemies are rightfully excluded from the system.
- Project Paradise boss:
- Habitat A - ★★★ Legendary Alpha Sheepsquatch
- Habitat B - ★★★ Legendary Alpha Grafton Monster
- Habitat C - ★★★ Legendary Alpha Fog Crawler