Bug page revamp project
Bug Verification Project
|This page lists bugs in Fallout 76.|
General advice and notesEdit
Using the consoleEdit
- Xbox One often, when picking up a holotape, it will cause the radio station to glitch, cancelling playing both. (Xbox)
- PC When using the "Quick Boy" version of the Pip-Boy, directly playing newly discovered holotapes will play static instead. Picking up the holotape and playing it from inventory, or switching back to the default mode of Pipboy resolves this problem. (Probably fixed by Fallout 76 patch 22.214.171.124)
- PC When logging back into the game, the secondary weapon is always forgotten and the player must always re-equip the desired grenade/etc.
- Rose's radio station audio appears to be a weird mashup of two different messages, interspersed
Physics engine glitchesEdit
- During the B.E.T.A., this bug was temporarily fixed by locking the game's files that allowed one to edit the framerates of certain events. The bug was properly fixed shortly after game release. 
- PC Combining Strange in Numbers with the "Bird bones" mutation can sometimes allow the player walk in air. [verified] (Probably fixed by Fallout 76 patch 126.96.36.199)
- Texture glitch 
- PC The flamer trap will display a flat hexagon in the middle of the flame effect.
Non-player character-specific bugsEdit
See: Fallout 76 creatures
See: Fallout 76 quests
- During Earth Mover, crafting the Ignition core will often get stuck at 2, when crafting at the Tinker's workbench at Mount Blair. It is entirely possible to entirely use up crafting resources through this glitch.
- if anyone completes Feed the People quest, the rewards will be shared with everyone, even those outside the event area.
See: Fallout 76 locations
- After completing the Battle Bot event, it is possible to get stuck in the security bunker at Mount Blair trainyard, as there is no way to open the doors from the inside.
- 10mm rounds from inventory. A bug sometimes occurs whereby picking up a flower will remove a
- Vendors: Buying items from a vendor does not increase their caps, even if they have 0 caps.
- Using V.A.T.S with melee weapons can sometimes teleport the player character into places they can't get out from except using fast travel.
- Prior to Fallout 76 patch 188.8.131.52, it was possible to achieve unlimited inventory through manipulating Pocketed armor, and equipping/unequipping it. The bug involves removing the total carry weight, and once is below zero, the game does not treat it as being encumbered.
Xbox One only bugsEdit
PS4 only bugsEdit
PC only bugsEdit
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/a2tpeh/please_fix_the_failure_to_autoplay_holo_tapes/
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/a3ouxk/every_time_i_log_on_to_the_game_ive_noticed_i_no/
- ↑ https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vgr.com/fallout-76-patch-fixes-speed-hacking/amp/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9JO19KD6qo