Ammunition or ammo is the term used for expendable ordnance material used in charging firearms of all kinds; such as powder, balls, shot, shells, percussion caps, rockets, missiles, energy, etc. The purpose of ammunition is to project force against a selected target or area.
All ammo in Fallout 76 has weight, which may be reduced with the appropriate perks. Most ballistic ammo may be reduced by equipping Bandolier, while energy ammo is lighter when using Batteries Included. Explosive ammo, such as missiles, are typically the heaviest ammo available, however, they may be easier to carry with the Ordnance Express perk.
As a player levels, they will progressively gain access to a wider selection of firearms, expanding the types of ammo which may appear in containers or on defeated enemies. However, there are certain types of ammo that will not be randomly available. There is plenty of ammo scattered throughout Appalachia, but if one has the caps and doesn't feel like venturing out to find more, it can be purchased from traders, ammunition vending machines or even other players. Ammo can also be crafted at a tinker's workbench with the appropriate materials.
Most types of ammunition are available as ultracite ammo. These expensive rounds may only be fired from a weapon modified with a prime receiver, but they pack a punch. In addition to increased damage, they deal bonus damage against the Scorched, scorchbeasts and anything affected by the Scorched Plague.
|Ultracite .308 round||004709B4|
|Ultracite .38 round||004775AF|
|Ultracite .44 round||004709B5|
|Ultracite .45 round||004709B6|
|.50 caliber ball||0.1||5||0000796E|
|Ultracite .50 round||004709B7|
|Ultracite 10mm round||004709B2|
|Ultracite 5.56 round||004709B8|
|Ultracite 5mm round||004709B9|
|Ultracite crossbow bolt||004709BA|
|Paddle ball string||0.01||1||001129D0|
|Ultracite railway spike||004709BF|
|Ultracite shotgun shell||004709C0|
|2mm electromagnetic cartridge||0.025||10||0018ABDF|
|Ultracite 2mm electromagnetic cartridge||0.050||004709B3|
|Alien blaster round||0.01||1||001025AA|
|Ultracite fusion cell||004709BB|
|Ultracite fusion core||004709BC|
|Ultracite plasma cartridge||004709BD|
|Ultracite plasma core||004709BE|
|40mm grenade round||0.2||25||001CF27D|
- Ammo Factory - increases ammo crafting yields by 50/75/100/150%.
- Ammosmith - increases ammo crafting yields by 40/80%.
- Bandolier - reduces the weight of ballistic ammo by 45/90%.
- Batteries Included - reduces the weight of energy ammo by 30/60/90%.
- Ordnance Express - reduces the weight of explosive ammo by 30/60/90%.
- A Colossal Problem
- Daily Ops
- Night of the Moth
- Contextual ammo from containers and enemies (discluding those in Daily Ops and A Colossal Problem) have a greater chance to award ammo required by the equipped ranged weapon at lower levels. As the player advances in level, the likelihood of receiving randomized ammo is increased.
Weight reduction effects for ammo stack additively, but are limited to -90%.
- "Ammo: Fixed an issue that could result in less ammo being created than expected when attempting to craft large amounts of high-caliber ammo with the Ammosmith Perk and Ammo Factory Legendary Perk equipped."
- Cannonballs are erroneously considered ballistic ammo, and their weight is not affected by Ordnance Express. They are used exclusively by the Broadsider, an explosive heavy gun.[verified]
- Although the 2mm electromagnetic cartridges weigh 0.025 each, the ultracite 2mm electromagnetic cartridges weigh 0.050 each.[verified]
- [000FD11C] <AmmoCannonBall> has [003896DE] <AmmoTypeBallistic> instead of [003896DF] <AmmoTypeExplosive> and [0043B758] <ObjectTypeOrdnance>