Main article: Fallout 4 patches
The update for PC was released on April 28, 2016 and is acquired via Steam. The update was released on Xbox One and PS4 on May 6th, 2016.
- New Survival difficulty.
- Survival adds additional challenges including no fast travel, saving only when sleeping, increased lethality, diseases, fatigue, danger and more. See the in-game Help menu for more details.
- Characters set to Survival difficulty appear under their own character selection filter.
- Third person camera movement improvements when player is close up against walls and other objects.
- Drinking Buddy set to essential.
- General stability and performance improvements.
- Fixed rare crash related to reloading a save that relies on Automatron.
- Fixed issue with the robot workbench camera not moving properly immediately after canceling out of the menu.
- Fixed issue with perks being repeatedly added when reloading a saved game while in robot workbench.
- Fixed issue with Ada not properly traveling to an assigned settlement.
- Robots can now be assigned as settlement vendors.
- Fixed issue with "Appropriation" where blueprints would not appear properly if the container had already been looted prior to getting the quest.
- In "The Nuclear Option," entering the Institute using the targeting helmet on Power Armor no longer inadvertently causes the player to go into combat, and become stuck in the Institute.
- Fixed distance check with Robotics Expert perk.
- While in Workshop mode, if the Jump button is remapped, the Y or Triangle button can still be used to jump.
- Fixed issue with "Defend the Castle" where speaking to Ronnie Shaw would not properly complete the quest.
- During "The Nuclear Option," fast traveling away from the Institute immediately after inserting the relay targeting sequence holotape will no longer block progression.
- Fixed issue where Workshop placed light bulbs would occasionally not light properly.
- Fixed occasional flashing issue with entering and exiting Power Armor.
- Fixed issue where terminals would not work properly after downloading and initializing an Add-On from the Add-Ons menu.
- Adds support for Far Harbor add-on.
- Ability to delete downloadable content via the Add Ons menu.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.