|The following is based on Fallout 4 cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
Fallout 4 cut content refers to content in Fallout 4 which was cut from the final version of the game. Most of it can still be found in the game files but is inaccessible within the game itself. The equipment can still be obtained by use of console commands.
Armor and clothing[edit | edit source]
- BOS lab coat: Appears as an armor add-on fitting on the BOS uniform. Most likely replaced by the Science scribe's armor in the final build of the game.
- Kells' coat: Appears as an armor add-on fitting on the BOS uniform, based on a reskinned version of Piper's Red leather trench coat. In the final build of the game Lancer Captain Kells wears a unique variant of the Brotherhood fatigues.
- Maxson's cape: Appears as an armor add-on fitting on the BOS uniform. In the final build of the game Elder Maxson wears a unique coat, the mesh of which includes the BOS officer uniform.
- Light, medium and heavy variations of the metal helmet consisting of wraparound goggles, goggles plus helmet and goggles, helmet plus scarf combinations. While the goggles and the helmet are still in the game (as separate objects), the scarf was cut entirely, though it may have been replaced in concept by the different bandanas.
- Cait's bandolier (ID: 001921D8): Although this armor add-on will appear when equipped, it has no world model and should not be dropped.
- Robotic bits, an eye-slot piece of clothing for Nick Valentine that gives +1 Perception. It seems he was supposed to start the game with this item, much like his trench coat and fedora.
Armor mods[edit | edit source]
- BOS-I Initiate and BOS-IV Knight CPT paint for T-60 power armor.
Weapons[edit | edit source]
- Ball-peen hammer: An alternate mesh of the hammer, intended for use as a weapon.
- Chinese assault rifle: An untextured, high-poly model that resembles the Chinese assault rifle featured in Fallout 3. A similar firearm, the handmade rifle, would appear in the Nuka-World add-on.
- Harpoon gun: A roughly textured model similar to the Syringer and using parts of the assault rifle for the magazine, irons sights and bolt. Originally intended for underwater combat and likely related to the cut quest 20 Leagues Under the Sea. A different version of the weapon was included in the Far Harbor add-on.
- Mortar, a cannon weapon similar to nuke that shoots mortar shells. Ammo is by the same name as the gun.
- Pipe shotgun: An untextured shotgun receiver for the pipe weapons.
- A diffuse and normal textures named Scimitar with no matching model can be found in the texture archives.
- compound bow and corresponding arrows. Textures and sounds for the
- A number of meshes for throwing Weapons, including: blade, harpoon, hatchet, saw, and bottle.
- Lucky Rabbit's Foot: A cut weapon in the Nuka-World add-on, it takes the space of a grenade, but adds 10% XP and 3 to Luck.
- Nuke, a cannon weapon that shoots nuclear bombs (not mini nukes) and uses ammo by the same name.
Weapon mods[edit | edit source]
- A recon scope mesh for the assault rifle that matches the style used on other weapons.
- Short and long fluted barrels for the combat rifle, along with a small magazine and a drum magazine.
- A large magazine for the combat shotgun, based on the mesh used for the combat rifle's large magazine.
- A number of alternate sights for the combat rifle and combat shotgun.
- An alternate version of the front part of the electronic trigger used on the Broadsider, along with multiple variants of explosive cannon balls.
- A targeting computer for the Fat Man that would function similar to the one used for the missile launcher.
- A muzzle mod for the gamma gun that would split the projectile into multiple ones, similar to the beam splitter mod for other weapons. (ID: 000B9A58)
- A version of the markman's stock used for the hunting rifle, with the shoulder section of the stock removed. The model for this features the incorrect textures, along with no barrel, like the other meshes for the hunting rifle stocks have. Additionally, there's a loading screen showing the marksman's stock with a bipod, but the bipod isn't obtainable ingame.
- A version of the reflex sight used on the 10mm pistol, with a hexagon shape as opposed to a dot or a circle. Additionally, there are textures for other reflex sight shapes, featuring the rounded corners of a square. There are also red versions of some of these shapes intended for use on the Gatling laser. The Institute pistol has meshes for the reflex sight with a circle shape as well, but the circle shape doesn't show up ingame.
- A version of the extra flame jets mod for the Shishkebab that only adds two flame jets, as opposed to the four the non-cut mod provides.
- An untextured version of a stun pack for the sledgehammer, similar to the one used for the super sledge.
- The .44 pistol has first-person animations for automatic fire despite not being able to be made automatic normally. This will not function properly in third person.
- An unnamed “Finned” barrel modification for the Plasma gun (Fallout 4) in The Art of Fallout 4. There is a mod that adds the barrel into the game but otherwise there is no other information than the picture.
Settlement objects[edit | edit source]
- Mounted Minigun. Can be spawned by console command but can't be crafted. Requires a settler to be assigned to it and then generates a Defense value of 10. Acts as a container with 100 5mm rounds. There are problems with the axes of the model making it difficult to place it such that it can fire.
- Water cooler (001d3d). It uses the clean model of the base game's water cooler, but is an activator object that is meant to have the same functionality as the water fountain. However, it stops working after drinking from it once. The water container on top of the water cooler also has some visual issues when another object moves in front of it.
Items[edit | edit source]
- Angler gunk, a junk item (0540fe).
- Beacon oscillator, a miscellaneous item (000890).
- Bond, a junk item (045e25).
- BPL compressed data holodisk would have been rewarded for completing "DN011 OverdueBooks" and can be found in-game after accessing a hidden terminal only accessed by clipping out of a room in the Boston Public Library.
- Brain, a consumable (0019dc).
- Campground flyer, a miscellaneous item (01b0b8).
- Captain Cosmos in "Jangles' Big Day", a holotape game.
- Cave fungus, consumable (000330F7)
- Ghoul meat, consumable (00024075)
- Gourd, an Institute version of the fruit (00173B13): +20HP, value 36, weight 1, no rads
- La Coiffe issues 3, 4, and 5.
- Nuka Cherry grenade, a variant of the Nuka-grenade and Nuka Quantum grenade (040cdd).
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
- Cryo Damage and its respective resistance on armor (changed to energy).
- Fire Damage and its respective resistance on armor (changed to energy).
Addictions[edit | edit source]
Perks[edit | edit source]
- Liam's Algorithm - In the Creation Kit, this perk is stated to offer "Improved hacking." According to the EditorID it was planned to be connected in some way to the Plugging a Leak side quest. The name might also refer to the Institute scientist Liam Binet.
- Cyborg - A perk from Fallout 3, Cyborg was intended to provide the player character with 15 points of radiation, poison, and damage resistance.
- Nerves of Steel - Based on an unused sound resource present in the Creation Kit, Nerves of Steel was at some point intended to make a reappearance. Action Boy/Action Girl would end up performing the same role.
Brotherhood of Steel[edit | edit source]
- Initiate - Take 10% less damage from feral ghouls, super mutants and synths.
- Knight - Smaller fusion core explosion.
- Paladin - Recover health while wearing power armor.
The Railroad[edit | edit source]
- Secret Agent - Stealth Boy effects last 10 seconds longer. Intended for completing Memory Interrupted.
- Station Master - Get a 5% bonus on selling items. Intended for establishing Mercer Safehouse.
- The Heavy - Do 10% extra damage to synths and Institute foes. Not entirely cut (Institute Killer Weave applies it), but originally the player character would have received it as a permanent perk.
Icons[edit | edit source]
Quests[edit | edit source]
- 20 Leagues Under the Sea (MS03): Side quest, the Sole Survivor has to go to underwater exploration and likely was related to the cut harpoon gun. This would likely take place in an underwater vault as untextured assets can be found in the Creation Kit of both an underwater vault window (VltSquidWindow01) and an underwater vault door (VltLGDoorMarine01) can be found.
- Off the Grid (MQ301): Main quest situated just before The Nuclear Option (MQ302). Diamond City lost its power supply.
- That's the Spirit (MS12): Stub in the game data.
- Bullet (MS18): Stub in the game data.
- The Enemy of My Enemy (MQ201): Main quest after Reunions (MQ106) and before Dangerous Minds (MQ202). Not actually unused, but since the quest has no visible objectives it never appears.
- The Replacement
- MS08: Sounds, globals, debug msg, "Game Master 3000 Mk II" NPC (MS08Computer).
- MS06 and MS15: Only a keyword.
- DN011 OverdueBooks: Appears to have been a quest related to the Boston Public Library where Curator Givens' terminal references "compressing" recently collected book data to holodisk in the likely event of his death, although no further clues are given other than his body being found and his main terminal explaining the situation. Using noclip tcl and walking through the large computer and wall directly behind the Intelligence bobblehead reveals a secondary, hidden terminal. Accessing this terminal allows one to compress the book data and acquire a "BPL Compressed Data" holodisk which will then be added to the miscellaneous inventory. Experience is also rewarded for doing this as it completes DN011 OverdueBooks. It appears the overdue books one can collect and turn in at the kiosks and exchange tokens for items, might have had with collecting them to compress the data to the holodisk, and possibly passing the BPL Compressed Data to another NPC at a later date. There is also another (DN011) that has more stages and the "DN011 OverdueBooks" might have been a sub-quest to a larger quest.
NPCs[edit | edit source]
- Patches (00098056 CZ_Patches): A human male raider in the Combat Zone that is a weapons merchant.
- Scribe Collins (0004F38F RR303DeckOfficer): A Brotherhood scribe in raider outfit that is associated with Rockets' Red Glare quest, her in-game name is "Brotherhood scribe."
- Professor Widmer (00026ED6 Widmer): A human male vault dweller.
- Dolly Madison (0014FC3D REHancockFriend)
- OldManBilly (00128C5A OldManBilly)
- Vikter (000E6D89 DN020_LvlSupermutantBoss)
- Game Master 3000 Mk II (0002FD9D MS08Computer)
- Junkyard (0007D4F6 Junkyard)
- Derek (000E2C91 Derek)
- Combatant (00118ED6 CZ_CombatantLVL): A hostile radiant raider.
- Handler (00108B32 CZ_Handler)
- Confessor Adalia (000335C2 ConfessorAdalia): A hostile human female Children of Atom member.
- Brad Finnegan (0002AAB1 BradFinnegan)
- The Watcher (000CBF4F DN048SupermutantWatcherBoss)
- Rosie (0002F824 EncBrahminRosie): A named Brahmin.
- Eddie Lipkis (00023751 EddieLipkis)
- Suspect Bot (00045798 DN050SuspectBot)
- Arnie (000342C4 DN040Arnie)
- Tim Flynn (000F790A DN152WickedTim)
- Institute Patrol 1 (0003D196 RadioInstitutePatrol1)
- Fisherman (001F22F4 POISC_Fisherman)
- Casey (00052157 MS16Casey): A human female citizen.
- Midshipman (000A1604 MS11GenericMidshipman)
Voice types[edit | edit source]
Several unused voice types exist for characters that do not have actor listings in the Creation Kit. Many of their intended places in-game can be determined from the beginning characters of their form ID. These include:
- Claire Pozinski (000EACF7 NPCFClairePozinski): Indicates that the girlfriend of Eddie Winter would have appeared in some form, whether by holotape or as an NPC.
- Y7-38 (000E842C NPCMY738): Associated with the cut quest Off the Grid.
- Maurice (00092AF8 NPCMMaurice): Associated with the scavengers in Last Voyage of the U.S.S. Constitution.
- Zimmer (00069359 NPCMZimmer): Indicates that he was originally meant to appear as an NPC in the Institute.
- Scribe Malachi (000642C3 NPCMScribeMalachi): An unused AI package, BoSMalachiLabPackage, also references him.
- Archivist Jairus (000642BC NPCMArchivistJairus): Associated with the Brotherhood of Steel.
- Lobo (000581B9 NPCMLobo): Associated with Vault 81.
- Mister Everitts (000260DE NPCMMisterEveritts): May have been the original name for Mister Zwicky, or somehow associated with Gavin Everitts.
- "Entity" (00020C3B NPCMMS09Entity): Associated with The Secret of Cabot House.
- Crab Malloy (000226B3 NPCMCrabMalloy): Associated with Goodneighbor.
- "Adopt Candidate" (0002BE97 NPCFAdoptCandidate): Associated with Kid in a Fridge.
- Penny Murphy (00037058 NPCFPennyMurphy): Associated with the Compound in Human Error, may have been the original name for Penny Fitzgerald.
- Allistair (0005062F NPCMAllistair)
- Sinclair (0004B4D6 NPCMSinclair)
- Fiddles (000226B4 NPCMFiddles)
- Samuels (0002F73B NPCMSamuels)
- Roz Flunky (0002F621 NPCMRozFlunky)
- Roz Lt. (0002F622 NPCMRozLt)
- Roz Surrender (0002FD5D NPCMRozSurrender)
- Helena (000ABE97 NPCFHelena)
- George Wilson (000ABE92 NPCMGeorgeWilson)
Danvers[edit | edit source]
- Luther Corey (0005A9B1 NPCMLutherCorey): An unused AI package, MS05LutherForceGreet, also references him.
- TJ Corey (0005A9B8 NPCMTJCorey): Associated with a Danvers hideout talking activator.
- Jefferson Hughes (0005A9B9 NPCMJeffersonHughes)
- Vanessa Corwin (0005A9B7 NPCFVanessaCorwin)
- Sarah Pearson (0005A9B0 NPCFSarahPearson)
- Rain (0005A97D NPCFRain)
- Gilly Carson (0005A97C NPCFGillyCarson)
- Didi Mallory (0005A97B NPCFDidiMallory)
- Frankie Lyons (0005A97A NPCMFrankieLyons)
- Vance (0005A978 RobotVance)
- Tucker Ames (0005A977 NPCMTuckerAmes)
- Brick (0005A976 NPCMBrick)
- Algernon Pitts (0005A975 NPCMAlgernonPitts)
- Caleb Meers (0005A974 NPCMCalebMeers)
Map markers[edit | edit source]
Map markers for the following locations exist in the game data, but are never enabled. Most of them can be seen on the map with console help: 001c26c2.enable followed by tmm 1.
- 35 Court
- Baxter building
- Boxing gym
- Bridgeway Trust
- Brookline building
- Cambridge Academic Center
- Cambridge baseball diamond
- Cambridge church
- Cambridge construction site
- Cambridge graveyard
- Cambridge hardware store
- Cambridge raider base
- Cambridge warehouse
- Camp Kendall
- Christopher Columbus Park
- Commonwealth Bank
- Dorchester Heights monument
- East C.I.T. raider camp
- Evans Way Cul-de-Sac
- Flagon Tunnel
- Footbridge camp
- Founder's Triangle
- Freeway pileup
- Hawthorne Estate
- Holy Mission Congregation
- Hub 360
- Jimbo's Tower
- Kendall Parking
- Lil' Gentry playground
- Long Wharf
- L Street bathhouse
- Major crossroad
- Marlborough house
- Mean Pastries
- Moonshiner's camp
- Navy yard
- North End graveyard
- Nuka-World private airfield
- Oakwood Residences
- Paul Revere House
- Pizza parlor
- Prost bar
- Raider alleyway outpost
- Raider back-alley camp
- Raider drug den
- Science Center gift shop
- Shenley's Oyster Bar
- South Boston graveyard
- South Fens Tower
- Fens Way station
- Ticker Tape Lounge
- Tower apartments
- Union Man's Circle
- Valenti station
- Warren Theater
- Water Street apartments
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Cambridge baseball diamond
- Red Rocket Lexington (map marker)
- Warehouse in Diamond City
- Atom's Divide in Diamond City
- Men's restroom in Diamond City
- Women's restroom in Diamond City
- Church of Atom in Diamond City
- Mayor's office in Diamond City
- Mister Zwicky's house in Diamond City
- Tunnels in Diamond City
- Strongroom in Vault 114
- Tunnel in Vault 114
- Donoghue residence in Sanctuary Hills
- Hawthorne residence in Sanctuary Hills
- Rosa residence in Sanctuary Hills
- Daisy's house in Goodneighbor
- Hancock's strongroom in Goodneighbor
- KL-E-0's house in Goodneighbor
- Crow's Crag Park
- Great Links 18
- Waterfront Hotel
- Vault 113
- Vault 117
- Vault 120
- Vault 121
References[edit | edit source]
- Other Institute voice types' form IDs begin with "0693"
- "05A9" is the start of the form ID for several pieces of cut content relating to Danvers, including a faction and two locations.