|This page lists all primary statistics in Fallout: New Vegas.|
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Primary statistic||Description||Derived statistics and effects||Associated skills|
|Strength||A measure of your raw physical strength.||Melee Damage
Weapon strength requirement
|Perception||How well you use your five senses, and also pertains to a "sixth sense".||Increased range for enemy detection.||Energy Weapons|
|Endurance||Your health and overall physical fitness.||Health
|Charisma||Your overall attractiveness and likeability.||Increased non-player character disposition
|Intelligence||Your basic intellect, curiosity in the world and adeptness at critical thinking.||Skill points per level
Less than 4 affects character's language skills
|Agility||A measure of your quickness and dexterity.||Action Points
|Luck||How often good things happen to you by chance.||Critical Chance
Success at gambling (blackjack, roulette, slots).
Perk requirements[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The only ways to increase your SPECIAL Statistics permanently are to get an implant from New Vegas Medical Clinic, take the Small Frame trait, or to use the Intense Training perk. One additional point is available upon completing the Lonesome Road DLC.
- Starting Old World Blues automatically grants the Spineless perk (+1 Strength) and completing it gives the option to replace Spineless with Reinforced Spine (+2 Strength). However, these bonuses do not count for perk requirements.
- Agility does not affect how fast you move, despite what various strategy guides and the in-game description itself says. This could be a glitch that has yet to be fixed, or intentionally taken out shortly before the game went retail, after the manual/strategy guides had already been published. You can easily test this by making a character with 1 Agility, and another character with maxed out Agility.
- Like in Fallout 2, an Intelligence of 3 or lower will make your character speak like an idiot.
- When gambling, Luck only tends to favor the player at 7 or higher.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.