Fallout Interactive Experience
Do you like this video?
|For player housing in Fallout 3, see Fallout 3 player character housing.|
For player housing in Fallout 4, see Fallout 4 player character housing.
- Dino Dee-lite motel room in Novac
- Lucky 38 presidential suite and penthouse in the Lucky 38 casino
- Given to the Courier by Robert House after the first time they have spoken with him (if Benny was killed prior to speaking to Mr. House, it will be required to give him the platinum chip in order to receive the suite). This is the only place companions can be sent to specifically aside from their home locations.
- It is also possible to sleep and safely store items in the penthouse, located on the top floor of the Lucky 38 where the Courier meets and speaks with Mr. House. The penthouse comes with a view and is much brighter and even more spacious than the presidential suite, but comes with fewer containers.
- Apart from housing in the add-ons, this is the only home that one is able to upgrade. Offered within are two master wardrobes, two guest wardrobes, a refrigerator, workbench, two workbench chests, a Sunset Sarsaparilla machine, and two weapon lockers.
- Presidential suite in the Tops
- The quest Ring-a-Ding-Ding! needs to be completed to gain access to this suite.
- There is also a high-roller suite available if one earns enough chips at the casino. Entering the room will complete the unmarked quest Big Winner, The Tops. Note that the Chairmen will barge into this room frequently and may pick up any food items left lying around.
- One may also steal Benny's suite, located on the same floor as the high-roller suite. This room also comes with a small radio and a 'secret exit' to the sub-basement, which may not actually function. Unlike the High-Roller suite, the Chairmen will never enter this room.
- Bon Vivant suite in the Ultra-Luxe
- The Bon Vivant suite is won if one should win 11,250 chips at the Ultra-Luxe casino. The room is located among the other Ultra-Luxe hotel rooms and is similar to them in appearance. The room contains two beds, as well as two wardrobes and a suitcase for containers, a small bathroom, and a toilet and sink with zero rads. The containers will not reset, and are safe, but remain marked red for stealing, as do all items within the suite.
- This is not to be confused with the Ultra-Luxe penthouse located in the short hallway behind the reception desk. Although the penthouse is considered very large and fancy, and although a key may be found from Mortimer, it is not possible to sleep there and all containers are marked as stealing. It is guarded by two men who may become hostile once seen. It is not possible to gain ownership of the penthouse except through modding or console commands.
- Brotherhood of Steel safehouse
- Followers of the Apocalypse safehouse
- The key will be awarded by Julie Farkas once the Courier has gained an Idolized reputation with the Followers of the Apocalypse and accepted her offer to join them. It holds one of the four copies of the D.C. Journal of Internal Medicine. The fridges are constantly restocked with food and thus not safe storage.
- Caesar's Legion safehouse
- The key is given by Lucius with a reputation of Liked with the Legion. It is visited by a Veteran Atticus who will occasionally give items related to stealth, like Stealth Boys. In addition, one may find on the three beds: centurion armor and a chainsaw, praetorian guard armor with two time bombs and the unique lucky shades. On the final bed is a sniper rifle with another set of Legion armor.
- Atomic Wrangler corner room
- NCR Ranger safehouse
- It is in the mountains southeast from Junction 15 railway station. Colonel Hsu at Camp McCarran awards the key after earning a reputation of Liked with the NCR. The safehouse contains NCR ranger combat armor at low condition, an assault carbine at low condition, and some surplus 5mm ammo. The containers in this location are not safe to store items.
- The Sink
- It is only available after beginning Old World Blues. Companions must be dismissed before it can be entered, but it can essentially be fast traveled to, even if over-encumbered. It contains a workbench, reloading bench, and electric hot plate, and once fully upgraded includes a functional Auto-Doc, a source of water, and various ways to break down junk. The Sink also functions as a merchant and can offer repair services.
- Sarah Weintraub, the gift shop manager of Vault 21, located on the New Vegas Strip, will rent out a room to the Courier. The cost starts at 100 caps, but she will give increasing discounts as you deliver her vault suits. If one passes a speech check, gains rep with the Strip, or brings Sarah enough vault suits, she will offer the room at 40 caps. If one brings more vault suits to her, she will offer the room at 10 caps. Upon giving her 30 vault suits, the room will become free and she will have sex with the Courier if asked. Having sex with her is the only way the room provides a Well Rested bonus.
- If a player character's outdoor housing has unsafe containers, one can drag Sunset Sarsaparilla crates to their housing. The containers will only reset to their original locations (not reset their contents), this only occurs if the one leaves them unattended for a long period of time (6+ hours in real time) without interacting with them (including bumping into them).
- If one uses an outside area as their home (e.g. Lone Wolf Radio, the scavenger platform), they run the risk of loosely stored equipment getting lost or clipping into the terrain. The only safe storage are containers that can't be moved by the Courier. On the other hand, if the house is in an enclosed area that lies behind a loading screen, it should be safe to do things like dropping guns onto tables.
In addition to housing considered "owned," many locations can serve as viable safehouses. They will not confer the benefits of owned properties.
|Name||Known Secure Containers||# of Beds||Workbench?||Reloading bench?||Campfire?||Free of enemies?||Notes / Features|
|Abandoned Brotherhood of Steel bunker||2 desks, 6 footlockers, 3 crates, 1 Brotherhood of Steel crate, 8 metal boxes||7||
|Abandoned shack near Yangtze Memorial||First aid box
|Bradley's shack||2 metal boxes, 2 sacks, 2 ammunition boxes, first aid box||1||
|Coyote Mine house, Coyote Mines||1 cabinet, 2 filing cabinets, 1 footlocker, 1 locker, 3 toolboxes, 3 first aid boxes, 1 Sunset Sarsaparilla crate, 1 refrigerator, 1 oven, 1 duffle bag, various counters, shelves, and other furniture, jukebox||4|
|Doc Mitchell's house, Goodsprings||2 metal boxes, stimpak, Rad-X, other supplies and furniture in first room on the right||0||
|Easy Pete's Goodsprings home||1 refrigerator, 1 oven, 1 cabinets, 1 footlocker||2||
|El Dorado Gas & Service||-||5||
|El Rey Motel||Desk, footlocker, dresser.||1||
|Emergency service railyard||4 metal boxes, 2 toolboxes, 1 first aid box||2|
|Goodsprings gas station||3 boxes, 2 sacks, 3 crates, safe, duffle bag, cash register, vending machine outside||1||
|Goodsprings (exterior)||4 Sunset Sarsaparilla crates near the back of the general store, 2 metal boxes in the trailer||1||
|Harper's shack||3 Ammunition cases, 3 lockers, 1 cabinet, 5 metal boxes inside and 3 metal boxes outside.||2|
|Hell's Motel, Mesquite Mountains crater||1 Briefcase, 1 refrigerator, 1 cabinet||2||
|Hidden Valley east bunker||1 suitcase||1|
|Hunter's farm||Dresser, desk, footlocker, oven, refrigerator, Sunset Sarsaparilla Crate||1|
|Lone Wolf Radio||Footlocker, metal crate||1||
|Mine house, Lucky Jim Mine||1 locker, 1 oven, 1 metal box,||2||
|Mountain Shadows campground||2 suitcases, 1 metal box||3|
|Nevada Highway Patrol station||Five desks, filing cabinets (dark cabinets not safe), ammunition box.||2||
|Powder Ganger camp south||2||1|
|Powder Ganger camp west||-||1|
|Primm sheriff's office, Primm||2 metal boxes, filing cabinets, toolbox, 2 desks, oven, ammunition box, refrigerator||1|
|Scavenger platform||lockers, boxes, ammunition containers||1|
|Smith Mesa Prospector Camp||1 suitcase, 1 metal crate, 1 ammunition box||1||
|Sniper's nest||2 metal boxes, 1 weapon box (Very Hard lock), 2 ammunition boxes||1|
|Snyder Prospector Camp||1 metal box||1||
|The Prospector's Den||Cabinets, refrigerator, first aid box, footlockers,||10||
|Trailer, south of Goodsprings source||1 suitcase||2|
|Trailer, NCR Correctional Facility||Wardrobe, Explosives crate, oven||2||
|Vault 19||All dressers and lockers in the red and blue sectors, desks in the main area||30+|
|Victor's shack, Goodsprings||2 ammunition containers, desk, oven||1||
|Wolfhorn ranch||2 lockers, 2 ammunition containers, 1 cabinet, 1 oven||1|