There are 6 locations in the game where gambling is available:
Gambling in the Vikki and Vance Casino is unlocked after the quest My Kind of Town.
The following gambling games are offered at all casinos (except the Ultra-Luxe, which does not offer slots):
|Casino||Maximum Winnings||Small Reward (25%)||Big Reward (50%)||Huge Reward (75%)|
|Atomic Wrangler casino||5000||Beer||Whiskey, dapper gambler hat||Absinthe, Rum & Nuka, dapper gambler suit|
|Gomorrah||9000||Brahmin steak (2)||Mentats, Jet, wine (2)||Combat armor, reinforced|
|Sierra Madre Casino (Dead Money)||10000||Wine, Scotch||Pre-War parkstroller outfit and hat||Complimentary voucher|
|The Tops||10000||Vodka||Brahmin steak, wine||High Roller's suite key|
|Ultra-Luxe||15000||Atomic cocktail||Brahmin Wellington||Bon Vivant suite key|
|Vikki and Vance Casino||2500||20 chips||Stealth Boy||Leather armor, reinforced|
- The Tops and Sierra Madre Casino also have Craps tables, but the tables are just there for decoration, as Craps is not playable in Fallout: New Vegas.
- To enable gambling at the Vikki and Vance Casino, one must complete the quest My Kind of Town and a scripted encounter with Layla and her men.
- The player character's Luck attribute affects the probability of winning the various gambling games.
- The casinos offer rewards at various levels for player characters that win enough money. Eventually, if one wins enough, the casino will ban them from gambling.
- One can earn more than the ban limit at a casino by winning a single large payoff, such as a large Slots jackpot. The player character will be banned from playing further, but can still cash out their chips.
- If the player character earns enough to skip a reward level, for example by getting a jackpot at Slots, all skipped rewards will not be earned. For the maximum payoff from gambling, it's useful to play conservatively by playing Blackjack or even-money bets at Roulette until all the rewards have been earned, and then switching to high reward bets like single-number Roulette or trying for the big jackpots at Slots.
- When the Courier earns enough to get a reward, the game will kick them out of whatever gambling mini-game they are playing. Usually, a floor manager will show up in a moment to give them a reward, but sometimes pathing issues will cause the non-player character to get stuck or delayed. If one re-enters the gambling mini-game the reward will be lost.
- If you load a saved game while in a casino, you have to wait 60 seconds before you can start playing. If you try to start a game, you'll receive a message saying the games are taking anti-cheating measures. This can be fixed by 1) exiting the game after you've won or 2) loading the game before you exit the gambling game. In this way, it's almost impossible to lose money at casinos. This can also be bypassed simply by quitting to the Main Menu and continuing your save from inside the casino (patched on all platforms).