Explosive gases are commonly encountered in underground locations and buildings, such as Warrington Trainyard and Our Lady of Hope Hospital. They have also been encountered in a few outside locations, usually near ovens or gas lines.
How to spot the gases[edit | edit source]
- The air will start to distort as one stands still and looks through the gases.
- When one fires a weapon that is a source of ignition (flamer, energy weapons, etc.) the immediate area will ignite in flames.
- The source is a pipe that has been broken/cut, which can be found by searching the surrounding area.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The gas ignites when an ignition source is triggered within it. The following will ignite gas:
- The projectile or beam of any Energy Weapon included in the vanilla game (those from add-ons do not appear to have the same effect).
- The firing of any bullet-based weapon; the point of ignition will be the weapon itself. Flying bullets will not trigger the gas, but the impact of bullets from the Zhu-Rong v418 Chinese pistol create a gas-igniting flame.
- Any explosive or explosion.
- The presence of any open-flame weapon (Shishkebab, flamer, heavy incinerator): presence meaning it is active and in someone's hand.
- Use caution when igniting the gases as it can cause damage and knock one down if they are too close.
- This can also be used as a weapon since enemies and all other characters will experience the same effects.
- This is a trap and is meant to harm/kill creatures and humans. It is used by Horace Pinkerton and Reilly's Rangers for this.
- Bio-gas canisters are used by the player character to create explosive gas. They can only be found with the Point Lookout add-on.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.