One of their signature weapons, the Trappers raider gang would lay out fragmentation mines strapped to large cuts of meat as a means to eliminate tracker dogs. It was invented by Chuck, a Trappers member. Rose suggests that this bait should be used on a "hungry carnivore."
It can be equipped and thrown onto the ground near an enemy, similar to a fragmentation grenade, except that the bait also functions as both a mine and an attractant. The bait can lure in an enemy at a range of 1000 units. Once the enemy is attracted to the bait and approaches it, the bomb will explode damaging the enemy.
The following creatures will be attracted to and will detonate the bait:
Crafting unlocked during the quest Flavors of Mayhem.
Radstag meat (1)
Learned from script
Explosive bait (1)
- Like any other mine, the explosive bait will persist until the cell resets.
- Unlike any other mine, the player character may have more than two explosive baits placed at a time.
- Fasnacht Protectrons.[verified] Explosive bait may be used to damage friendly NPCs and structures that otherwise may not be damaged. This includes, but is not limited to, CAMP objects and
- Demolition Expert.[verified] Once thrown, explosive bait is not affected by any player perks, including
Behind the scenes
- Rose: "This one time, Chuck-he was the guy who came up with this crazy idea-laid out explosive bait along the trail after a raid. When the Responders came looking for us with their tracking dogs, well...Let's just say the hounds lost their scent. You know, because their heads were blown off. Ah whatever, you get what I'm saying."
- fDistanceforAttractionObject [GMST:00043F10]