|For a cross-game overview of this perk, see Explorer.|
“When you choose the Explorer perk, every location in the world is revealed on your map. So get out there and explore!”— In-game description
Every location in the world is revealed on your map.
- This perk only reveals the locations, similar to when a character marks them on the Pip-Boy. They still have to be traveled to on foot to enable fast travel.
- The collector's edition guide erroneously claims that this perk allows fast traveling to all the locations.
- This perk will not reveal markers that do not exist prior to certain scripted events. Ranger Morales' corpse will only be marked upon speaking to his wife.
- Locations in add-ons will be revealed by this perk, but only if it was taken after the add-on was installed. If the add-on is installed after this perk is taken, those locations remain hidden.
- The two locations added to the main map by the Lonesome Road, namely Long 15 & Dry Wells, both appear when this perk is taken. However, they are only accessible depending on how the Courier chooses to complete Lonesome Road.
- Since the locations are only marked, not visited, it is still necessary to physically visit the locations in order for them to count towards the Walker of the Mojave/Master of the Mojave achievements.
- In Lonesome Road, taking this perk gives the Courier a special dialog option with Ulysses about Denver during the quest The Launch.
- Sometimes, when you take the perk, no location will be revealed. [verified]
- You can level up high enough to choose the Explorer perk before leaving Goodsprings for the first time by using the infinite XP exploit with Doc Mitchell or Chet. Then, when leaving the town you can rebuild your character. The Explorer perk won't be available because you've already taken it, however, all the markers will remain on your map. You can then choose any perk instead of having to choose the Explorer perk. [verified]