Sleazy and prone to bouts of psychotic behavior, Everett enjoys leading Pitt slaves to their doom, running the ingot-collection officers near the abandoned area between the Mill and the steelyard. He's an equipment hoarder and collector, and he barters for any found ingots.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Unsafe Working Conditions: Everett is the person that the player's character reports to for steelyard duty. He also rewards the player for turning in steel ingots; 10 are required for this quest.
- Mill Worker: You can choose to continue collecting ingots beyond the minimum required for "Unsafe Working Conditions". With every 10 ingots gathered, he will reward you with a piece of equipment. Note that he is the source of several unique weapons and armor, including The Mauler, the Perforator, tribal power armor, and the Metal Blaster.
Effects of player's actions
- Regardless of who you side with, Everett will remain friendly. If you choose to free the slaves, Wernher will tell you that Everett is still alive and accepting ingots.
- Despite being a Pitt raider, Everett is not considered to be an Evil character, so killing him will result in a reduction of Karma. Also, he will not yield a finger upon death.
- It's possible that Everett's name is a deliberate reference to the town of Everett, Pennsylvania, which is visible from the Pennsylvania Turnpike.
- "So you're the lucky scab gathering ingots for me today, huh?"
- "You're one hell of a steeler, kid."
- "This thing's mauled trogs and ghouls from here to Monroeville."
- "This armor used to belong to one of those desert-crazy priests. Said wearing it made him bulletproof. Course, that didn't stand up to a little testing. But damn if it wasn't a gloriously fun time."
- "Some genius got to tinkern' with his laser. Polished metal barrel, a few prisms in there, and he got this lethal light show."
- "Here. This is the best gun I ever had. A little slower on the trigger, but she makes up for it in power and accuracy. Use her in good health."
- Sometimes, he will stand in front of the entrance to the Steelyard and say, "Go away," restricting access to other dialogue options (and rewards for bringing him ingots). This can be fixed by attacking him and then holstering your weapon. [verified]
- 00A686, e.g. sqv 0200A686, you should see the variable EverettWalks is less than 4. Set this variable to 4, e.g. set "0200A686".EverettWalks to 4 and Everett will start accepting your ingots. [verified] If you end up with Everett saying "Go away", you might have caused this by running ahead of him at the start, and completing Unsafe Working Conditions before he finished his scripted introduction to the Steelyard. At this point, talking to him once will cause him to congratulate you on your win in The Hole, talking to him a second time will cause him to take the original 10 ingots from you but ignore any more you have, and any other conversation results in "Go away". To check if you're in this situation, show the variables of quest