|For a cross-game overview of this skill, see Energy Weapons.|
“The Energy Weapons skill determines your effectiveness with any weapon that uses small energy cells, micro fusion cells, electron charge packs, or flamer fuel as ammunition.”— In-game description
Example: A starting Perception of 5 and Luck of 5.
In Fallout: New Vegas, energy weapons are more distinct. Lasers tend to have fast firing, accurate beams and lower damage, while plasma has a slow moving yet powerful projectile.
Ways to increase Energy Weapons
- Leveling up (10 + half of INT + 2 with Educated perk)
- Nikola Tesla and You (+3 or 4 with Comprehension perk)
- Optics Enhancer implant (+2 depending on Perception, a perfect Perception of 10 will see no benefit.)
- Tag! (+15)
- Skilled (+5)
- Future Weapons Today (+10 or 20 with Comprehension perk)
- Absinthe (up to +6 with 100 Survival, a perfect Perception of 10 will see no benefit, 8-9 will see reduced benefit.)
- Enclave officer uniform (+10)
- Gannon family Tesla armor (+10)
- Remnants Tesla armor (+10)
Perks that require Energy Weapons skill
|Run 'n Gun||45||4||—|
|Concentrated Fire||60||18||Guns 60|
Notable Energy Weapons skilled non-player characters
- Arcade Gannon (50→100), Follower of the Apocalypse and possible companion of the Courier.
- Christine Royce (53→100), former scribe of the Brotherhood of Steel and a companion of the Courier (Dead Money add-on).
- Father Elijah (37→100), former elder of the Mojave Chapter of the Brotherhood of Steel (Dead Money add-on).
- Jean-Baptiste Cutting (117), second-in-command of the Mojave branch of the Van Graffs.
- Veronica Santangelo (46→100), active Brotherhood of Steel member and possible companion of the Courier.
- Orion Moreno (100), a retired Enclave soldier living in the outskirts of New Vegas.