The event summons the Imposter Sheepsquatch (a modified Assaultron) and a constantly respawning horde of various other robots to defeat. It requires the party to activate pylons nearby to remove the shields that make the Imposter Sheepsquatch invulnerable before killing it to complete the event.
The event starts when a player character uses the terminal at the pylon ambush site. Starting the event requires an Assaultron recall keycard to be in one's inventory, and can only be activated if the event has not occurred on the server for at least three hours. Starting the event spawns a three star legendary Imposter Sheepsquatch and a horde of other robots to attack any Dwellers in the area. The robots include Mister Gutsies, Protectrons and Eyebombs, the latter which move in swarms and explode on death.
The Imposter Sheepsquatch is invisible and invulnerable until the three pylons nearby are activated. Activating a pylon places a damaging effect on the player character who activated it and notifies all event participants of who has activated which pylon if they have the event tracked. The Imposter Sheepsquatch becomes visible and loses its invulnerability as long as all three pylons are all active. If any of the pylons become deactivated through the death of the player character who activated it, the Imposter Sheepsquatch becomes invisible and invulnerable again. The Imposter Sheepsquatch is very dangerous. Its head laser can easily tear through a player character's health if it is a direct hit, even in a full set of power armor, especially if it targets the ones who activated the pylons to regain its invisibility and invulnerability as long as one pylon is inactive.
The event completes once the Imposter Sheepsquatch is killed, or fails once the event timer expires. Further robots will not spawn but those which are already present will remain active and hostile.
- The Assaultron recall keycard is needed to start this event.
- This event has a three hour cooldown period before it can be repeated on the same server.
- Player characters who are downed but not dead continue to keep any pylons they had activated from shutting down. If they are not revived, the pylons will remain active until they are either revived or die.
- Player characters can activate more than one pylon, but they take increased damage accordingly.
- The Imposter Sheepsquatch is bugged to have 100% armor penetration on all of its attacks.