Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
When Roger Westin is faced with the prospect of his death at the hands of the Chosen One, the Councilman offers him a deal: eliminate his employer, John Bishop, for money and information about his objective. Should it be accepted, he has to travel to New Reno and find a way to assassinate the head of the Bishops.
The target resides on the second floor of the Shark Club, surrounded by his henchmen. There are four possible approaches to the situation:
- Blast Bishop apart with any weapon and then fight off any resistance after exiting the Shark Club.
- Pump John Bishop on super stimpaks and wait a few minutes.
- Sleep with Leslie Anne Bishop, suggest that Bishop have an accident (Traps 76% required) and place an explosive trap on his safe. Then watch the fireworks.
- The fourth is to change the combo on the safe and get Mr. Bishop to fall into his own trap. "Repair" the safe (Repair 76% required), and it should say the password was changed. Head down a level and wait for moment. After a while, an explosion can be heard and a message about hearing a muffled boom upstairs will display, followed by Mr. Bishop getting hit for 5900 HP. This method will not turn the Bishops hostile.
Return to Westin and collect the reward.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Option three is not possible if the G.E.C.K. has already been found, since the dialogue options with Leslie Ann Bishop regarding her Vault City origins are disabled.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- When re-arming the trap on Bishop's safe, the game crashes.[verified]
- The cause is the default action handler not being disabled as intended and reading bogus data from unallocated memory.
- It may not crash if one takes everything from the safe, then puts several different items back. But even then, the next bug kicks in.
- After unlocking the safe, related scripts stop working. Specifically, it is impossible to change the combination, and the assassination sequence doesn't start if that was already done or the safe was re-trapped. It is also not possible to lock it back.[verified]
- If one saves and reloads while on the 3rd floor after sleeping with Mrs. Bishop, all present companions disappear.[verified]