This perk allows all Critical Hits done with a melee weapon to do 150% more damage.
To obtain this perk, after completing the quest line in Dead Money, leave the Sierra Madre area. When you reach the Abandoned Brotherhood of Steel bunker, turn right into the side room. Use the terminal here and choose the Download Holomessage option. Head back to the Mojave Wasteland and find Veronica. Initiate dialogue, choose "Tell me about yourself.", then exhaust all the options relating to Father Elijah.
Now back out to her main dialogue menu and choose "I found Elijah". To get this perk, you must ask her to unlock the message for you, then refuse to give it to her.
Choosing to let her have it will instead give Veronica the Elijah's Last Words perk.
- This perk actually grants a +50% critical damage bonus for melee weapons, i.e. critical damage is increased to 150%.
- This perk works multiplicatively with other perks that modify critical damage.
- In combination with Better Criticals, melee critical damage is increased to 150% * 150% = 225%. With the addition of Just Lucky I'm Alive perk, the Critical damage boosts upwards to 337.5%, basically tripling the critical damage, making most Melee weapons extremely deadly.
- Having Elijah's Ramblings and Better Criticals reduces the crit damage penalty from Heavy Handed to 10%. (150% * 150% * 40% = 90%)
- This perk only works with Melee weapons. Unarmed weapons are unaffected.