Elevators are compact and efficient ways to traverse floors of player settlements. Elevators can reach either two, three or four stories depending on the elevator created and require 5 power to function.
The elevator stop levels align to the taller floors of the structures (i.e. warehouse, barn and vault) in later add-ons and pre-War buildings, but is misaligned to other settlement structures. This needs to be considered if the elevator is constructed as part of a building. No flat structural component (floor, roof, etc.) can be placed on top of an elevator frame, making it difficult to build additional floors on top of it, inclined roofs can be snapped to it as long as they do not overlap with the frame.
There is a variety of different elevators in game, the scaffolding lift, used on overpasses and building exteriors, the Diamond City elevator is a scaffolding lift as well. The interior elevators that look different depending on what building they are in. And the Mass Fusion building elevator, which is the only glass elevator seen in game, besides the Institute's elevator which has a DNA strand running along the outside of it.
2 floor elevatorEdit
2 floor elevator (1)
3 floor elevatorEdit
3 floor elevator (1)
4 floor elevatorEdit
4 floor elevator (1)
- Settlers cannot use the call buttons on elevators.
- Certain scaffolding pieces, also added in the Contraptions Workshop, can be used to snap elevators while in a settlement.
- PC Playstation 4 Xbox One Upon returning to a settlement with an elevator, the buttons in the cab will appear to be missing. They may be found on another floor or above or below the shaft. [verified]
- Storing and replacing the elevator will fix the issue but as the elevator does not snap, replacing them is problematic.
- PC Using the setpos command to move the object has a similar effect.