Like campfires, electric hot plates are used to cook food and make chems and other craftable items. Electric hot plates are mostly found inside intact buildings in the Sierra Madre, but can also be found in various locations throughout Big MT. They usually have a few ingredients for recipes scattered around them.
- Villa - Northeast of Father Elijah's fountain, go into the building with the hologram vendor. Go upstairs, go through the door to the west, walk west out of the door and into a room where you will find one on the counter.
- Villa - West of Father Elijah's fountain, north of the hologram control terminal 01 after the arch.
- Medical District - in a building northeast of the northern Villa clinic entrance, go up the stairs, and walk across the roof.
- Villa police station - In the kitchen area, which is immediately visible when entering from the west-most entrance.
- Residential District - South of the entrance.
- Puesta del Sol South - In the ruined cafe - Behind the bar on the ground floor.
- Salida del Sol South - Turn south from the entrance, climb up the stairs, and walk south along the roof until you come across an arch bridging the gap between the roof and a hole on the wall of the opposite building.
- Salida del Sol South - In a room on the south side of the area. The staircase is directly across from a wall in the corner with a hole blown out of the 2nd floor.
- Cantina Madrid - On a long bench top in the kitchen.
- Executive suites - In the kitchen area.
Old World Blues
- The Sink - In the eastern room between the fridge and the Biological research station.
- Elijah's Watch - On the deck, next to a cutting board and a satellite tower.
- X-13 research facility - In the observation area above the infiltration testing area.
- X-22 botanical garden - Next to the Sink Project: Biological Research Station holotape.
Electric hot plates appear only in the Fallout: New Vegas add-ons Dead Money and Old World Blues.