The El Rey Motel is a location in the Mojave Wasteland in 2281. It is found to the south of Freeside and directly west of Camp McCarran. The close proximity to the former airport suggests that it catered primarily to travelers to McCarran International Airport before the Great War.
Layout[edit | edit source]
The El Rey Motel is a motel similar in appearance to the Dino Dee-lite Motel in Novac. However, the El Rey is a great deal more dilapidated, and its inhabitants seem to be mostly destitute chem addicts. Most of the doors to the rooms of the El Rey motel are blocked up by debris and are therefore inaccessible.
There are a few exceptions, including one room on the bottom floor, which is filled with bark scorpions and a dead wastelander, and two rooms on the top floor with notable loot behind Very Easy locked doors. The room on the bottom floor belonged to someone who borrowed money from a loan shark but failed to repay it. One of the rooms on the top floor houses a hostile crazed chem addict, while the other also contains a dead wastelander.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Threatening note - In the only accessible downstairs room, on the table.
- A Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap - In the first room from the left on the top floor, on the first bookshelf on the left.
- A Nuka-Cola Victory - In the third room from the left, on the top floor.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The El Rey Motel is seen during the intro of Fallout: New Vegas as an NCR Veteran Ranger fires from the Fabulous New Vegas sign at a Fiend at the motel with an anti-materiel rifle. However, the Highway patrol car that the fiend takes cover behind in the intro cannot be found in game.
- The map that comes with the Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide incorrectly shows the El Rey Motel as a factory, not the building seen in-game on the Pip-Boy map.
- In the room that is the third door from the left on the top floor, there is a poster for the Super-Duper Mart.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
El Rey Motel appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The El Rey Motel is based on the real world location of the same name in Searchlight, Nevada, differing from the in-game geographical location.