Eclair was born in 2264. Thirteen-year-old Eclair used to occasionally scavenge outside, but after getting shot in the foot, he was out of commission for a couple months. During that time, he managed the food, using the scraps of cookbooks he found while scavenging with passable results. He does an excellent job with the cave fungus that makes up most of their food. He occasionally tries to create more elaborate food from his cookbook scraps, often with disastrous results (hence his nickname).
Eclair spends most of his time behind a counter in his restaurant, "Spelunkers" in Little Lamplight. He can also sometimes be seen around the restaurant when there are no other non-player characters in the area.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: 40-100|
|This character starts quests.|
- Fungus Deal: He will trade cave fungus with the player if the player gives him strange meat, provided Mayor MacCready allows it. The player can also trade at least one cave fungus with him if the player has the Child at Heart perk.
- Bumble makes a comment that Eclair only has one eye because his face was bitten by a monster from Vault 87, but that was likely an exaggeration.
- Eclair is one of the merchants who sell refined punga fruit and wild punga fruit after the Point Lookout add-on is installed.
- Unlike most merchants, Eclair's shop key is on his person, instead of only appearing after the merchant's death (which is not possible in this case). His merchant container is also unowned. Given these conditions, there is an obvious and relatively easy opportunity for theft.
- He wears a ragamuffin tophat, the only one in the base game, and one of the only two with Point Lookout installed (the other worn by Kenny).
- "Great, RJ let in another pair of choppers to eat up all our food."
- "Oh, really? So you're saying you brought back three more hungry mouths, too? Great, you're just making my day better and better!"
- "They say the fungus grows in the pools where the first Lamplighters dumped the mungos. That's about the most they ever helped us. I don't know how true that is, but I know sometimes the scav team comes back with this strange meat that tastes terrible, but the fungus loves it. I don't know where they find that meat, but if you could bring some back, I'd be glad to trade fungus for it. Of course, MacCready'd have to okay it."