Background[edit | edit source]
Echo Lake Lumber is an abandoned lumber mill hugging the shore of the eponymous body of water. Its residents were driven from their homes when the fog claimed more and more of the Island. By clearing the location of hostiles during the quest Turn Back the Fog for Small Bertha, it can be unlocked as one of the four Far Harbor settlements.
Layout[edit | edit source]
Echo Lake Lumber is one of the larger settlements in the game, easily capable of supporting the maximum number of settlers. Scrapping the abundance of machinery, lumber and detritus provides copious amounts of building materials and also clears plenty of space for planting crops. The large multi-story main building offers lots of room for roofed beds, thus saving the Sole Survivor the trouble of setting up additional structures for this purpose.
Although the hedges surrounding the lumber mill can be scrapped as well, player characters may want refrain from doing so since they serve as a natural wall and limit the number of directions from where the settlement can be attacked. Echo Lake Lumber is therefore comparatively easy to defend and, coupled with its central location on the Island, makes for a great base of operations once up and running.
There is a working terminal on the second floor of the main building. To the east, on a small island just past some lined up logs, a hidden bunker can be found.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- The Harvester, a unique ripper - In the grocery store, on the top floor inside of a red steamer trunk.
- Levi's holotape - Inside a terminal on the second floor of the main building.
- Two bottles of Vim - One at the bottom of the grandstands, on a little table behind a cash register. Another west of the "Echo Lake Lumber" entrance sign, inside the Vim machine left of the beverage concession stand.
- A bottle of Vim Captain's Blend - On top of the Vim machine, left of the same beverage concession stand.
- Two Daddy-O on a desk in the hidden bunker.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Upon clearing the location of ghouls during the quest Turn Back the Fog for Small Bertha, the quest objective completes. However, a character by name of Malcolm shows up and offers the Sole Survivor caps to allow him to ambush and then eat the settlers. Refusing the offer turns Malcolm hostile.
- The Sole Survivor can clear out the area before gaining the quest from Bertha, allowing completion upon access to the quest.
- If a trade caravan post is built, traders from the Commonwealth will arrive here.
- This settlement will be impossible to use if siding against Far Harbor without first claiming it via the appropriate side quest for Small Bertha. However, the Sole Survivor will retain control of this settlement if they side against Far Harbor if they already have control.
- Instead of displaying Bar Harbor, the correct name for the town before the Great War, the pre-War sign for the festival clearly displays Far Harbor, the name created for the settlement after the War.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Playstation 4 The fast travel target might not work in this settlement. [verified]
- Restarting the game usually fixes this.
Gallery[edit | edit source]