It is a small city built from a pre-War horse track and is inhabited by raiders and Triggermen. There are also a number of non-hostile robots racing around the track, which include models such as the Mister Gutsy, Mister Handy, Assaultron and Eyebot. Throughout the area, there are several terminals that can be used to shut the bots down, turn them on the raiders and Triggermen, or cause them to self-destruct.
The northwest side is derelict bleachers, southwest is Eager Ernie's lair on the upper floor accessible by the walkway from the center, or by jumping on the two table umbrellas from the stands. East of that is the actual track, in the center of the track is a number of small fortifications filled with minor loot and raiders. On the south side of the center is a stable where the backups bots are stored.
- Tumblers Today issue #1 - On the upper floor of the southwestern building with Eager Ernie, upon a small table west of the master control terminal.
- Eager Ernie's key and password - On Ernie's body. The password can be used to access a computer terminal located on the 2nd floor, which gives the following options: 1) to end the race (the robots deactivate and stand idly in place), 2) release 3 more robots onto the track, 3) disable combat inhibitors (makes all the robots hostile to the player), 4) override their targeting system (make the robots hostile to the raiders), 5) initiate a self-destruct sequence.
- Scrapper's note - In the shed which houses the replacement robots, on the desk beside the robot control terminal.
- Associate's note - On a raider or Triggerman. The Sole Survivor must know Libertalia's current boss Wire, otherwise, the note will not spawn.
- The Bugle repertoire - Carried by Ol' Rusty, the eyebot leading the race. This holotape plays trumpet music from the Pip-Boy.
- Racetrack advertisement - On the first floor of the main building, beside the computer terminal.
- Ice cold Gwinnett pale - Behind Eager Ernie, on a table.
- Stealth Boy - To the left of the master control terminal, inside an exposed drawer.
- 40 Pre-War money - On the first floor of the main building, in the cash registers.
- Kidnapping: Concerned settlers will ask the Sole Survivor to help them rescue a fellow settler that was kidnapped for ransom by nearby hostiles, hoping to have them freed without harm.
- Raider Troubles: A group of settlers is struggling to defend themselves against a nearby group of raiders and asks the Sole Survivor for help.
- Reclamation: The Sole Survivor learns from Dr. Secord that a synth was kidnapped by raiders. They can help with the planned retrieval mission by placing a tracking beacon on the synth and reporting back to the Synth Retention Bureau.
- Randolph Safehouse: The Railroad agent Mister Tims will leave dead drops in the form of six holotapes for the Sole Survivor, containing information about possible hazards to the Railroad's escort and escape of synths out of the Commonwealth. They can assist in these efforts by clearing out the location of hostiles.
- To the Mattresses: The synth-hating L&L Gang is a major threat to the Railroad. Desdemona has a lead on them and asks the Sole Survivor to help neutralize their members.
- Butcher's Bill 2: A survivor may have made it out of the Augusta safehouse disaster. His name is Blackbird and he was spotted recently. Doctor Carrington tasks the player character to gather more details regarding his fate.
- Stop the Raiding: The Sole Survivor becomes aware of a group of settlers being terrorized by nearby raiders and can offer to help.
- As the player character gets closer to the track, they will hear Eager Ernie running commentary on the race. If spotted, he will program the robots to attack the player character. If the robots do not become hostile, they will continue running after the area is cleared.
- During the quest Rockets' Red Glare, when one boards the vertibird and heads for the Prydwen, they will pass over the racetrack. One can hear Eager Ernie's commentary over the vertibird's engine.
- Including the extra robots that one can add to the race (via the 3 terminals in the area), there are a total of nine robots.
- The nine robots' names are: Atomic Dreamz (Mister Handy), Tin Man (Protectron), Ol' Rusty (eyebot), Piece o' Junk (Mister Handy), Iron Maiden (Assaultron), Lady Lovelace (Assaultron), The Boston Blaster (Mister Gutsy), Bob's Your Uncle (Mister Handy) and Fusion's Folly (Mister Handy).
- Companion reactions:
- If Curie is brought here, she will ask if this is what horse racing is, and comment that she has only seen pictures of it.
- When at this location, companions make comments, which are activated at two locations: at the northern corner fence hole to the racetrack (next to the stands), and in another location.[clarification needed]
|Curie||Northern corner||"Is this... horse racing?"|
|Deacon||Northern corner||"Put your money on Black Velvet. That pony's gonna win for sure."|
|John Hancock||Northern corner||""|
|Robert MacCready||Northern corner||""|
|Nick Valentine||Northern corner||""|
|Piper Wright||Northern corner||""|
|Preston Garvey||Northern corner||""|
Easy City Downs appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenes
Easy City Downs is based on the former real world location Suffolk Downs horse racing track.
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p. 341: "[4.25] EASY CITY DOWNS
This was once a small, struggling racetrack with aging facilities. It is currently occupied by a gang of Raiders and Triggermen who use the track to host their robot races.
Eager Ernie is in charge here and has a key and password to unlock any doors, allowing easy access to the downstairs clubhouse terminal (Expert) and upstairs master control terminal (Expert), as well as the Repair Shop (Advanced) and Robot Control Terminal (Novice) out in the track. Both terminals allow you to control the racing robots; come evening, they turn against their masters. There are some reserve robots to activate in the south warehouse, too. Watch for items to scavenge everywhere; don’t forget to check the bus (two are locked [Novice])."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)