This quest is a follow up quest from the quest The Missing Link and focuses on the dwellers' attempt to posthumously finish Abbie Singh's upgrades needed to complete the Scorched Detectors across Appalachia for the Free States.
- Get Madigan's uplink from Rose at the Top of the World.
- Repair Madigan's uplink at any tinker's workbench.
- Travel to Abbie's bunker and check in at Abbie's workstation.
- Find five fan motors at Raleigh Clay's bunker.
- Find five heating coils at Abbie's bunker, Raleigh Clay's bunker, Ella Ames' bunker and relay tower LW-B1-22.
- Find Raleigh's schematics (optional).
- Use a tinker's workbench to craft five upgraded motors.
- Check in at Abbie's workstation to complete the quest.
- The quest starts once the player completed The Missing Link and enters Abbie's bunker, or enters it early before completing The Missing Link. The bunker is safe, with only radroaches and glowing radroaches calling it home. Abbie's pre-recorded message will play on the intercom (if power armor is being used, the player might have to exit the power armor chassis to be able to hear Abbie). She will ask the player to complete her project.
- First, the player needs the missing uplink. This was found in the raider vault at the end of Key to the Past, itself a prerequisite for completing The Missing Link. The uplink has to be repaired at Abbie's tinker's workbench, or any tinker's workbench as using Abbie's is not mandatory.
- Doing so will yield the access keycode to Raleigh Clay's bunker. Entering it will trigger another recording of Abbie. It's time to go parts hunting. First, players need to collect five fan motors from Clay's generator room.
- Players can also collect Clay's special schematics to complete the quest, those being the plans for shrouded wood armor.
- Afterwards, they need to find five heating coils:
- The quest will complete once the player crafts five upgraded motors at Abbie's tinker's workbench and selects the Motors Upgraded option at the main SDS terminal in the main room of Abbie's bunker, moving on to Reassembly Required.
Prior to patch 184.108.40.206, if one logged out prior to crafting all 5 upgraded motors, logging back in would result in the count resetting back to 0/5 and the player character being unable to complete the quest. [patched]