A man named Pauly camped here until the Fog rolled in around 2286. He had to leave in a hurry, leaving behind his power tools. Since then, feral ghouls have moved in and the fog has moved out. This, however, doesn't help Pauly, as he left the Island recently, making his camp fair salvage.
The tannery exterior consists of a large, open warehouse section inhabited by several ghouls to the west, adjacent to a dock with a tugboat and a single trapper. Another, more enclosed warehouse to the east has a conveyor belt with a number of hide bundles, and stairs up to an office with an Expert locked safe. Between these two areas are stairs down to a Master locked basement door that opens into the interior of the tannery.
The main doors to the tannery interior are located on the outer south side of the building at ground level, and face a Novice locked office containing two ghouls and another Expert safe. Further down the hall is the main area of the tannery, containing several ghouls and overlooked by a catwalk on two sides. Here there is a ramp down to the basement, where a leveled glowing one can be found, along with other ghouls, protecting a steamer trunk and the set of power tools. The glowing one carries the tannery key, which unlocks both aforementioned safes and the basement door.
There is a working water fountain on the outside of the east wall of the main building, recessed into an alley.
- Hide bundles - 12 can be found outside on a conveyor belt and seven more inside.
- Tannery key - Found on a leveled glowing one in the basement. Opens back door, the office, and two safes found in and outside the building.
- Hull Breach: The Mariner's special set of tools can be found here.
- Randolph Safehouse: The Railroad agent Mister Tims will leave dead drops in the form of six holotapes for the Sole Survivor, containing information about possible hazards to the Railroad's escort and escape of synths out of the Commonwealth. They can assist in these efforts by clearing out the location of hostiles.
- Quartermastery: Scribe Haylen has identified the location of a piece of technology she wishes to retrieve and catalog. She asks the Sole Survivor for help in bringing back the technology in one piece.
- Leading by Example: Lancer Captain Kells requests the Sole Survivor's help in training a Brotherhood squire by allowing him to accompany them on a mission.
- Cleansing the Commonwealth: Knight Rhys gives the Sole Survivor an assignment to clear the location of what he calls "abominations" to further the aims of the Brotherhood of Steel.
- Pest Control: Dr. Binet of the Institute's Robotics division asks the Sole Survivor to eliminate some feral ghouls that are causing problems for a synth scavenger team.