A man named Pauly camped here until the Fog rolled in around 2286; he had to leave in a hurry, leaving behind his Pelman brand power tools. Since then, feral ghouls have moved in and the fog has moved out. This, however, doesn't help Pauly, as he left the Island recently, making his camp fair salvage.
The tannery consists of a large, open warehouse section inhabited by several ghouls to the west, adjacent to a dock with a tugboat and a single trapper. Another, more enclosed warehouse to the east has a conveyor belt with a number of hide bundles, and stairs to an office with an Expert locked safe. Between these two areas are stairs down to a Master locked basement door.
The main doors are located on the south side of the building, and face a Novice locked office containing two ghouls and another Expert safe. Further down the hall is the main area of the tannery, containing several ghouls and overlooked by a catwalk on two sides. Here there is a ramp down to the basement, where a leveled glowing one can be found, along with other ghouls, protecting a steamer trunk and the set of tools. The glowing one carries the Tannery key, which unlocks both aforementioned safes and the basement door.
- Hide bundles - 12 can be found outside on a conveyor belt and 7 more inside.
- Tannery key - Found on a leveled glowing one in the basement. Opens back door and the [Expert] safe.
- Hull Breach - The Mariner's special set of tools can be found here.
- Cleansing the Commonwealth - Possible location to clear out.
- Quartermastery - Possible location.
- Randolph Safehouse - Possible location to clear out.
- Pest Control - Possible location to clear out.
- Leading by Example - Possible location to clear out.